The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

They're doing good! I've got photos of both of them, but not sure you'd like them. Τσουρέκι won't sit still to save his life, so it's rather grainy. Freddie looks very rough. All the serama babies do. They're still spunky, but their feathers are a mess. Probably from getting stepped on and whatnot by the LFs. I'm starting to get worried, to be honest.

We actually did have a very recent loss. This Saturday, I woke up to one serama baby dead. Still haven't figured out if it's Haris or number three

They're doing good! I've got photos of both of them, but not sure you'd like them. Τσουρέκι won't sit still to save his life, so it's rather grainy. Freddie looks very rough. All the serama babies do. They're still spunky, but their feathers are a mess. Probably from getting stepped on and whatnot by the LFs. I'm starting to get worried, to be honest.

We actually did have a very recent loss. This Saturday, I woke up to one serama baby dead. Still haven't figured out if it's Haris or number three
:hugs so sorry you lost one! RIP little serama! 💔

Oh nooooo Fluffy! 😞😭 I’m soooo sorry. Can you move the small number of Serama babies to their own little enclosure? I have Serama, King quail, Silkie, and some LF chicks together in small brooder flocks right now (3 separate brooder flocks). As mine are growing, I’ve started the separation process. But, due to the way I brood different breeds and species, I always have too many babies crying out for their brooder mates when I begin to separate. So, they’re all back together, and I’m monitoring them super closely. I don’t make brooding easy on myself sometimes. Again, I’m so sorry for the loss of your Serama chick. It’s heartbreaking. 💔 Many hugs from me and Evvie. ❤️

Oh nooooo Fluffy! 😞😭 I’m soooo sorry. Can you move the small number of Serama babies to their own little enclosure? I have Serama, King quail, Silkie, and some LF chicks together in small brooder flocks right now (3 separate brooder flocks). As mine are growing, I’ve started the separation process. But, due to the way I brood different breeds and species, I always have too many babies crying out for their brooder mates when I begin to separate. So, they’re all back together, and I’m monitoring them super closely. I don’t make brooding easy on myself sometimes. Again, I’m so sorry for the loss of your Serama chick. It’s heartbreaking. 💔 Many hugs from me and Evvie. ❤️

Thank you :hugs . The LFs are moving to the coops very soon (within the week). Until then, I don't know if I can get them some place else. I don't have any boxes on hand. I'll see what I can do

Thank you :hugs . The LFs are moving to the coops very soon (within the week). Until then, I don't know if I can get them some place else. I don't have any boxes on hand. I'll see what I can do
So sorry for the death chick and your loss.
IMG_4860.gif

How come you are not sure it is or isn’t Haris. ?

Cant you can put the Serama babies in a cardboard box with many holes for ventilation at night? That probably reduces the chance something goes wrong a second time.

Oh no! I am sorry for your loss. :hugs Do you know what caused it? I would suggest separating them-find anything that could work if you can. It might not have died from trampling, it could have been totally random like a heart attack. Either way, it is not your fault!

Back
Top Bottom