The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

I didn’t have anyone peticular in my mind. But maybe Yorgos /Giorgos Dalares has too much of it?

But this is not going to happen of course. I like to bet little Xaris will become a lovey tiny hen with a great voice, and a splendid and lovely character.

Oh, had someone else in mind, but that too

I wouldn't complain at all if that were the case, I'm already keeping a close eye on Haris, since she seems to have nice posture, and a very promising colour. Watch Haris turn into a cockerel after me saying that :p

If you ship them to me, I’ll tell you who’s who 🤣
Nope!
Go Bugs Bunny GIF

Had to clean Tzatziki's butt today. It's definitely got pasty butt. Hopefully now that it's drinking more I won't have to repeat the process. Haris also has the tiniest poop stuck to her butt. That one required no effort on my part to get off, and Haris wasn't bothered at all. The problem with her is not that she doesn't drink. It's that she FORGETS to drink. She'll take a sip, and because chicks drinking water for the first couple of days are very dramatic, she'll take some steps back to complete the drinking motion. Then she forgets what her purpose was, and goes after one of the Tsouloufates to bully them. I'm amazed by how resilient and stubborn these little serama chicks are.

@BDutch , you were right. Haris does indeed jump to get up there. My theory was she found a way to climb, but NO. She JUMPS! A three day old chick has more leg power than me, it seems

Its seems chicks from am incubator often get pasty buts. I never noticed this with my broody hatches. Hope all the chicks grow over it soon.

Let me introduce you all to Tzatziki and Harris’s halfbrother Tintin. He is a Bantam Sulmtaler, one month old now and definitely a boy. His mother Pearl is the greatest mother of the two mothers he has.
IMG_4742.jpeg

Katrientje is s good mother too as long as she doesn’t want to sand bathe.
IMG_4748.jpeg

Its seems chicks from am incubator often get pasty buts. I never noticed this with my broody hatches. Hope all the chicks grow over it soon.

Let me introduce you all to Tzatziki and Harris’s halfbrother Tintin. He is a Bantam Sulmtaler, one month old now and definitely a boy. His mother Pearl is the greatest mother of the two mothers he has.
View attachment 3815659
Katrientje is s good mother too as long as she doesn’t want to sand bathe. View attachment 3815661
How cute!

View attachment 3815659
Katrientje is s good mother too as long as she doesn’t want to sand bathe. View attachment 3815661

Tintin is great! What a cutie :love

Back
Top Bottom