The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Sleep well Tzatziki.
Be a fluffy and healthy chick again tomorrow!

Sweet dreams chickies.
Fun Animation GIF

Tzatziki is doing better today. Still sleepy, but eating and drinking. We're not out of the woods yet, but we have found the way out, it seems.

Haris has a new favourite hobby. Sit at the edge of the brooder plate, and latch on to any ties sticking out from the chicks standing on top of it. If you're standing in the way of her food, she'll peck your eyes till you move away

picture one, Tzatziki sleeping while two chicks behind him/her demonstrate the "are you food?" pose. The darker one pecked the lighter one's beak right after this photo. Picture two, Haris and number four, amongst the big guys. Picture three, Haris, number 4, and number 3
20240430_131433.jpg
20240430_131534.jpg
20240430_131613.jpg

Tzatziki is doing better today. Still sleepy, but eating and drinking. We're not out of the woods yet, but we have found the way out, it seems.

Haris has a new favourite hobby. Sit at the edge of the brooder plate, and latch on to any ties sticking out from the chicks standing on top of it. If you're standing in the way of her food, she'll peck your eyes till you move away

picture one, Tzatziki sleeping while two chicks behind him/her demonstrate the "are you food?" pose. The darker one pecked the lighter one's beak right after this photo. Picture two, Haris and number four, amongst the big guys. Picture three, Haris, number 4, and number 3View attachment 3816542View attachment 3816543View attachment 3816544
Just over the moon adorable!! :love

picture one, Tzatziki sleeping while two chicks behind him/her demonstrate the "are you food?" pose. The darker one pecked the lighter one's beak right after this photo. Picture two, Haris and number four, amongst the big guys. Picture three, Haris, number 4, and number 3View attachment 3816542View attachment 3816543View attachment 3816544
I'm claiming the chipmunk Serama as Grace! ❤️ Her markings remind me of Princess's markings as a chick. ❤️
:frow Hi Grace! 🥰

An a different note, paranoia incoming: sooooo the chicks have been sneezing. Pretty much all my batches have sneezed, but as usual, I'm slightly worried. They eat, they drink, they sleep, the warm up under the brooder plate, the sneak attack their siblings, they try to fly, they jump, they run around, but they sneeze. I'm confident it's their food that's making them sneeze (since it's very dusty), but I need to be sure. It also doesn't help that they are in a cardboard box, instead of the usual open-air outdoor brooder. My adults sneeze from time to time as well, and I know for a fact that their sneezing is caused by the dusty food, I just need to make sure the same applies for the babies. No runny noses/beaks, no odd stool, Tzatziki's pasty butt is gone, nothing else unusual. Just sneezing sometimes

An a different note, paranoia incoming: sooooo the chicks have been sneezing. Pretty much all my batches have sneezed, but as usual, I'm slightly worried. They eat, they drink, they sleep, the warm up under the brooder plate, the sneak attack their siblings, they try to fly, they jump, they run around, but they sneeze. I'm confident it's their food that's making them sneeze (since it's very dusty), but I need to be sure. It also doesn't help that they are in a cardboard box, instead of the usual open-air outdoor brooder. My adults sneeze from time to time as well, and I know for a fact that their sneezing is caused by the dusty food, I just need to make sure the same applies for the babies. No runny noses/beaks, no odd stool, Tzatziki's pasty butt is gone, nothing else unusual. Just sneezing sometimes
Why don't you dampen the food a bit? Mine seem to prefer the softer texture, too. AND, you waste less food since the dust is incorporated with this technique.

Back
Top Bottom