The ungrateful quacks

Silly duck.
We got about 2' of snow here. I went out and removed some of it from the pen area. I also put straw down to make paths and put some in places they like to lay. The runners would be in one spot, so I added straw there. Then, they moved to a different bare spot. šŸ˜† Oh well, they will move to a spot with nice fluffy straw when they feel like it I guess.
I let mine out a few min ago to go free range. They sprinted out "OMG FREEDOM"... stopped when they got to the snow that's now coming down. Thought about it for a few minutes.... then sprinted down the hill towards the ditch where the small river was yesterday from pouring rain hoping to go swimming. There's no river today, and no swimming. They ran back to their pen, looked at the frozen plastic pool. Also no swimming. Then ran inside, disgusted with the state of their world today.

At the end of the day any feed left over goes in one feeder which I promptly cover with water to make duck soup. Minus the duck and my ducks slurp it up like it's the best thing going.
At the rate its raining, they will have duck soup regardless. They are back to swimming and floating around on the ground in their pen... we can't get normal rain this year, We just get complete downpours that flood everything.

What it looks like now and what it looked like warm and freshly made šŸ¤£
ā€œWe ate our peasā€¦ what more do you want from us human?ā€ - the ungrateful quacks

Attachments

• 4D192468-0C01-4ADB-92A2-97C3D6E65798.jpeg
    4D192468-0C01-4ADB-92A2-97C3D6E65798.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 47C66BD5-C340-4C68-9CBC-7290B37E07AD.jpeg
    47C66BD5-C340-4C68-9CBC-7290B37E07AD.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 6
Today's episode of the very UNgrateful quacks. Ice storm, snow, sleet, you name it, we might have it or get it this week. Yesterday it rained ALL DAY and then started to freeze last night. Switched to freezing rain and sleet. So last night I added another tarp to their pen and lots of extra straw and pine shavings. This morning I put their food in their pen (I never do this... but they are spoiled) and I laid out a straw path to their waterers so their cute little feet wouldn't have to touch the sleet covered frozen mud soup ground. Figured that way they could run out, get their water and then run back to the covered pen filled with fluffy straw. But no... They are huddled together, OUTSIDE, in the sleet, like one of those ASPCA Sarah McLaughlin commercials. Little turds... and yet I love them.
šŸŽ¶ In the arms of the angel šŸŽ¶

I can picture them perfectly. šŸ¤£

One is still ungrateful. Or just not very bright šŸ¤£
The rest found their shelterā€¦
Until I let them free range and now they are out looking for yesterdayā€™s River to swim inā€¦ itā€™s snowing here now. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Silly duck.
We got about 2' of snow here. I went out and removed some of it from the pen area. I also put straw down to make paths and put some in places they like to lay. The runners would be in one spot, so I added straw there. Then, they moved to a different bare spot. šŸ˜† Oh well, they will move to a spot with nice fluffy straw when they feel like it I guess.

I let mine out a few min ago to go free range. They sprinted out "OMG FREEDOM"... stopped when they got to the snow that's now coming down. Thought about it for a few minutes.... then sprinted down the hill towards the ditch where the small river was yesterday from pouring rain hoping to go swimming. There's no river today, and no swimming. They ran back to their pen, looked at the frozen plastic pool. Also no swimming. Then ran inside, disgusted with the state of their world today.
Poor things.

* Read in Sarah McLachlan's voice*
For just 60 cents a day, you could provide them with a pool to swim in.

Back
Top Bottom