The Unofficial Virtual Chicken Show! Ends October 1!!!!!

Pics

Owenp_2

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Middle of North Carolina
Hey everyone, today I saw an online poultry show and I thought I wanted to host one so here are the requirements:
-pick one of three categories to enter as Novice (it is your first show), Advanced (you have done a few but not much), Competitive (you do shows all the time and you're practically a pro)
- after that you will enter the picture as one of three subcategories based off of what you're doing:
- hen (over 6 months old)
- pullet (under 6 months old)
- rooster (over 6 months old)
- cockerels (under 6 months old)
- hatchlings (under 4 weeks old)
- chick (between 4 and 8 weeks old)

-the chick category does not have to be sexed as well as the hatchlings. If you have a chicken that is unsexed but you know the age we will put it in whatever category we need some in.
-you can caption your photo for bonus points
-you MUST put the name of the chicken, the age, your category (novice, advanced, and competitive), your subcategory (hen, rooster, pullet, etc.), and the breed example down below:

Novice- Hen- This is Cashew my 10-month-old Rhode Island red-
Cashew is looking in the dirt for worms
You can have up to five entries.
The contest ends on October 1st, 2020. To submit photos reply to this thread. The prizes for each category and subcategory will be announced soon!
Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, today I saw an online poultry show and I thought I wanted to host one so here are the requirements:
-pick one of three categories to enter as Novice (it is your first show), Advanced (you have done a few but not much), Competitive (you do shows all the time and you're practically a pro)
- after that you will enter the picture as one of three subcategories based off of what you're doing:

-the chick category does not have to be sexed as well as the hatchlings. If you have a chicken that is unsexed but you know the age we will put it in whatever category we need some in.
-you MUST put the name of the chicken, the age, your category (novice, advanced, and competitive), your subcategory (hen, rooster, pullet, etc.), and the breed example down below:

The contest ends on October 1st, 2020. To submit photos reply to this thread. The prizes for each category and subcategory will be announced soon!
Thanks and good luck!
The top three in each subcategory in each category like Advanced- hen will go to the finals where people vote for the top in each subcategory which goes to the overall awards.

Thanks and good luck!
Also I have another show currently that includes all types of fowl so if you want to submit an entry that is not a chicken here is the link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/other-fowl-poultry-show-ends-oct-1.1415483/

I'm advanced in the online show, but have never shown in an acctual real life show lol. Here is Tino.
Catagory: cockerel
Breed: white leghorn
Personality: Needs work:cool:
0906201306.jpg
0822201811.jpg
0808201124.jpg

His tail is molting right now, so these are pics of before that happened XD.

tillie.jpg

Same as @Chickenhappy8708 , I've done a lot of BYC shows but IRL shows I am a novice.
I suppose Intermediate.
Category: Hen
This is Tillie, my White Leghorn hen. I don't know her exact age but she is over a year old. Tillie is glaring at me because she's annoyed that I'm here to take pictures, not give her treats.
Please note that she is actually all white, just a bit dirty.

Last edited:
View attachment 2333059
Same as @Chickenhappy8708 , I've done a lot of BYC shows but IRL shows I am a novice.
Category: Hen
This is Tillie, my White Leghorn hen. I don't know her exact age but she is over a year old. Tillie is glaring at me because she's annoyed that I'm here to take pictures, not give her treats.
Okay you can pick whichever category it doesn't matter what you've did in real life XD

Back
Top Bottom