The Unofficial Virtual Chicken Show! Ends October 1!!!!!

Pics

Owenp_2

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Middle of North Carolina
Hey everyone, today I saw an online poultry show and I thought I wanted to host one so here are the requirements:
-pick one of three categories to enter as Novice (it is your first show), Advanced (you have done a few but not much), Competitive (you do shows all the time and you're practically a pro)
- after that you will enter the picture as one of three subcategories based off of what you're doing:
- hen (over 6 months old)
- pullet (under 6 months old)
- rooster (over 6 months old)
- cockerels (under 6 months old)
- hatchlings (under 4 weeks old)
- chick (between 4 and 8 weeks old)

-the chick category does not have to be sexed as well as the hatchlings. If you have a chicken that is unsexed but you know the age we will put it in whatever category we need some in.
-you can caption your photo for bonus points
-you MUST put the name of the chicken, the age, your category (novice, advanced, and competitive), your subcategory (hen, rooster, pullet, etc.), and the breed example down below:

Novice- Hen- This is Cashew my 10-month-old Rhode Island red-
Cashew is looking in the dirt for worms
You can have up to five entries.
The contest ends on October 1st, 2020. To submit photos reply to this thread. The prizes for each category and subcategory will be announced soon!
Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:
tillie.jpg

Same as @Chickenhappy8708 , I've done a lot of BYC shows but IRL shows I am a novice.
I suppose Intermediate.
Category: Hen
This is Tillie, my White Leghorn hen. I don't know her exact age but she is over a year old. Tillie is glaring at me because she's annoyed that I'm here to take pictures, not give her treats.
Please note that she is actually all white, just a bit dirty.

Last edited:
I’m Noelle Reagan from Native Colors Exotics in Wisconsin.
I’m advanced due to in person Poultry shows.
This is Boyd of Native colors he is a Wheaton frizzle serama and one of my tabletop and APA champs of 2019 when shown as a cockerel.
His date of hatch is 1/31/19 so I’ll enter him in the cockerel class here too since he’s not one year yet.
(What makes him super special is, he is a very goof co-parent and helps his hen raise babies he’s more protective than she is! I’ve even caught him sitting on eggs while she eats a few times -coincidental? Perhaps or warm? Maybe but he could just be a super good daddy too! As unlikely as that may be, I am choosing to believe that logic!)
8218396C-613E-4DF4-877B-F33F27278C4F.jpeg
BB5F4740-3D39-4BFF-B011-978E778505E5.jpeg
17D90F32-EE4A-40B3-AB5D-F08026B2B485.jpeg
216A35ED-3930-4F1E-BE8C-B3637B8AA401.jpeg

Edit: I added a few more photos of Boyd as I thought a few different views may be helpful. The third picture is a double sanctioned serama show In Missouri in 2019, with serama expert and friend Jodi Forham (spelling?) judging and the Last photo is a promo pic of Boyd in 2019. On a side note, Boyd is from our original breeding stock for what we consider line 3 of our serama. We’ve looked the country over for the best possible bloodlines to add to our lines and found some from the four corners of the country and are very happy with our results. Boyd is a newer member of the Native Colors family, coming to us in March of 2019 from Becky Schultz in Oklahoma. The day Boyd landed in Wisconsin was a good day for our serama project. We love Boyd babies. We very selectively breed our birds (and We never breed birds that are related) so, to date, Boyd has less than ten chicks that he’s sired- all of which, he helped co-parent! So cute!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, today I saw an online poultry show and I thought I wanted to host one so here are the requirements:
-pick one of three categories to enter as Novice (it is your first show), Advanced (you have done a few but not much), Competitive (you do shows all the time and you're practically a pro)
- after that you will enter the picture as one of three subcategories based off of what you're doing:

-the chick category does not have to be sexed as well as the hatchlings. If you have a chicken that is unsexed but you know the age we will put it in whatever category we need some in.
-you MUST put the name of the chicken, the age, your category (novice, advanced, and competitive), your subcategory (hen, rooster, pullet, etc.), and the breed example down below:

The contest ends on October 1st, 2020. To submit photos reply to this thread. The prizes for each category and subcategory will be announced soon!
Thanks and good luck!
Novice- Cockerel- His name is TRUMP- he is 3 1/2 months old- Naked Neck/Turken
51B909CA-1412-46C4-B0B3-970350F6606C.jpeg
9F103677-D689-4CC3-99BA-D57CA571FA1D.jpeg
E84AC950-A711-45F6-8139-EA72EC5BB5A5.jpeg
8D702BA1-8335-4A1F-BD13-3DD5D18B05C4.jpeg
2DAEA328-546F-41BA-9EF8-BB0BCBEE49E0.jpeg

Thanks and good luck!
Novice
Rooster
This is my sweet, sweet Mary
He's a Welsummer
IMG_4182 (1).jpg

Hello,
I'll play along. I have three entrees in the Advanced group.

The first we call Mr. Attitude because he is so full of himself all the time and tries to be Mr tough guy. He definitely has a lot of spunk.

Category: Rooster (About 1 1/2yrs Old)
Breed: Silkie
Here is a picture of him roaming around our backyard and it seem he struck a pose for the camera. Haha

119137745_1476847572526325_6890955620855019737_n.jpg

The second entry is Mr Attitudes Wife and we call her Princess because she definitely acts like one. Also my wife just loves giving her all the attention and she is such a sweetheart.

Category: Hen (About 1 Year old)
This picture was taken at the same time as Mr Attitudes. They were just having fun roaming our backyard and scratching.

119604729_317595036138641_4021724991065701360_n.jpg

My last entry is to bring the story full circle because about two weeks ago Princess and Mr Attitude had their first chick hatch and we are so excited!!! We are actually up to 6 chicks now and they keep hatching lol.

Category: Hatchling (2 weeks old)

Here is their first hatchling my wife decided to name Pop Knott.

119647137_329162761727798_540073372574987634_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom