The "Vorwerk" thread!

I have 4 Vorwerk hens and a Welsummer Cockerel, would I be able to breed these together, if so how would they turn out? If anyone has any pictures that would be great to see!

I have 4 Vorwerk hens and a Welsummer Cockerel, would I be able to breed these together, if so how would they turn out? If anyone has any pictures that would be great to see!

Not good. Welsumer has the wrong e-locus allele (e+) which messes up the vorwerkpattern for all times (hard to get rid off). You would get buff to red columbians with way less hackle black than the vorwerk, and the bodies of the hens should theoretically be smutty because of the e+.
The crosslings would be pretty enough though, but not suitable for any further breeding towards vorwerk.

If someone there have a Vorwerk cockerel, I would love to see it. :)
And I am interested about weights in different old.. Months..

Last edited:
vimeo_logo.png

Hello everyone. So is this clean Vorwerk crowing? I cant find in internet ''Vorwerk crowing'' anywhere. So, those who have them, yours sounds similar? Sounds pretty dirty, ugly to me. :D

11 months old. Vrex

Last edited:
I am so excited about this breed, they are nearly impossible to find here in the US but I absolutely love them! I recieved 6 babies on Saturday, ranging in age from 1 week- 2 weeks. I lost 2 of the 1 week olds today.... to much stress maybe? I am hoping I don't loose anymore! My problem is, with as impossible as they are to find in the US I am sure the quality of these birds is not good. I can tell by their fluff color that they are not what they should be. What would you suggest to breed with them to increase quality? and does anyone know of a way to import birds to the US? Thank you in advance for your help!

Back
Top Bottom