The "Vorwerk" thread!

Oh wow Windfall, I am so happy you have these birds, I don't know how I skipped over this thread until now! I hope it will be a good point of connection between those of us who want to keep and breed large fowl Vorwerks in our country. This breed is so worthy of being preserved and promoted.

Do you have any observations about your Vorwerks and their traits that you could tell us? I think most Americans just don't know enough about them.

Hey I went on Greenfire's Facebook page, and good news, they are planning to offer Vorwerks! Also, I found this family farm in CT called The Hatching House where they are also available, so it looks like we will have a few different lines that we can work with, and we won't have to worry about breeding too closely. This pleases me.
big_smile.png

Hello, let's wake up this Vorwerk forum! My standard size are getting ready to lay. I have what I am calling a White Sport Vorwerk that I got in a batch of Vorwerk chicks from Greenfire. Does anyone else have one?
vorwerk-bunch52718.jpg
twisty-62918a.jpg

Do your Vorwerk hens go broody?

I have two and one of them went broody last year which I found odd since this breed does so very rarely. This year, to my huge surprise, both of them went broody! Currently sitting on eggs :)

Back
Top Bottom