The Waiting is the Hardest Part...

If the humidity is too high during incubation, condensation can build up in the air cell and when the chicks pip the air cell they can drown. I'm sure many people will disagree with me but that has happened to me in the past.
Condensation?? Needs a spread of temperatures to form.
But I believe that high humidity makes for too much liquid in egg and it could move into air cell when chick internally pips.

I've skimmed through some of the comments here but my humidity is always 45% from day one then on lockdown (day 18) it goes up to 65% :)

I've never had any issues with it that way. Temperature is always 37.5 Degrees Celsius.

Humidity does spike when they start hatching, sometimes up to 86% with mine but it doesn't last long and it's never effected my eggs since they all usually hatch on the same day close to each other.

I've skimmed through some of the comments here but my humidity is always 45% from day one then on lockdown (day 18) it goes up to 65% :)

I've never had any issues with it that way. Temperature is always 37.5 Degrees Celsius.

Humidity does spike when they start hatching, sometimes up to 86% with mine but it doesn't last long and it's never effected my eggs since they all usually hatch on the same day close to each other.

Good to know! Thank you! I had about RH 40 for first 18 days and it’s been between 60-67 during lockdown. It did spike to 70 so far with my first pip just now but I feel good about it. The pip is right below my latest air cell line and I’ve been assured that it’s ok. Hopefully it made it to the oxygen if that cell did get bigger over the past few days.

Good to know! Thank you! I had about RH 40 for first 18 days and it’s been between 60-67 during lockdown. It did spike to 70 so far with my first pip just now but I feel good about it. The pip is right below my latest air cell line and I’ve been assured that it’s ok. Hopefully it made it to the oxygen if that cell did get bigger over the past few days.

Sounds good, good luck with your hatch! :D

So, in my other incubator which is a styrofoam Little Giant, I have some stored eggs that were put in same time a few days ago and three more eggs that are staggered from day 7 to day 14. I didn’t realize how complicated it gets with doing it this way so won’t be doing too much staggering in near future. Maybe like small batches every week.... but I haven’t candled the new ones yet and won’t until day 7. See, I’m showing some restraint!
This thread may help you with your LG. Lots of good info. If you can hatch in an LG you can hatch in about anything. This thread may help you some with your LG.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/little-giant-incubator-tricks.601352/

Back
Top Bottom