"The Waiting" Support Group

Ad me to the list of waiting!
roll.png
I split an order with a friend. She placed the order on Tuesday. Everything we ordered was listed as being available for Feb 20 so I got all exciting thinking I would have my little chickies this week. No! She e-mailed me yesterday that it will be March 18! I'm not sure I can wait that long. I'm afraid I'll go into a feed store and give in to impulse. Help me!
tongue.png
LOL

By the way, I just joined today but have been reading the last week or so and have really enjoyed it.

SO CUTE!!!! Thanks for the pic, it...sort of helps me...be more....obesessive??? Congrats, good luck with the rest and post more pics!

Quote:
Dacasodivine, I'm right about there, too. March 17, so they should get here by 19th latest. It's like a slow form of torture.
wink.png

Mine should be in next week!!!!! I hoping this week but no such luck. Hubby works from home so we will get them. I have instructions for him. The brooder will be all ready.
I am getting 1 of each Australorp, Salmon Faverolles, Rhode Is Red and a Silver Laced Wyandotte. They are coming from my pet chicken.

I'm so impatient!!!! I told 2 of the kids I nanny (the 2yo doesn't understand) and the 2 kids I car pool with them that they each get to name one. They are almost as excited as me, lol. I will also be taking the chicks to the 5yo's preK class when they are a week old. The neighbor kids are also asking me when they are coming in. All the kids around are excited, the parents all think I'm nuts, lol.

Um....a lot. I need a smiley with a bag over it's head.

From Ideal to ship out on the 27th.

Pullets:
2 Blue Andalusians
2 Gold Laced Wyandottes
2 Barnevelders
2 Cream Brabanters
2 Gold Sex-link
2 Naked Necks

Straight Run:
6 Silkies(2 each of Red, Grey and Blue)

Waterfowl:
3 Black Runner Ducks(Straight Run)
2 Hatchery Choice Geese(Straight Run)

And, if I am still allowed to add onto my order only a week out from shipment these will be added. Waiting to hear back.

Straight Run:
2 Blue Mille Fleur Old English Bantam
3 Crele Old English Bantam
2 Porcelain Dutch Bantam

That will be my last addition to the order. I swear.

As you can see we like variety. I was going to wait on the Bantams but figured I could save on shipping this way. And now, my lone Banty hen won't be so lonely, or freaked out when she is hanging out with all silkies.....

I'll join in since this is starting to kill me with the waiting...I have just under a month to go (3/19) coming from Ideal. Finishing up with the chicken coop (got it off of Freecycle) I am still debating with myself and the wife if I should bother insulating it, the chickens I had growing up did fine in a chicken coop with NO insulation and it had a lot of drafts. This one I am really trying to make "animal" proof so I don't loose any. I also still have to go to my parents and get our brooder, it is something similar to this( http://www.wapoultryequipment.com/WAPE/BrooderBox.jpg ) but much older made out of galvanized metal.

I'm getting three pullets of each of the following:

Ameraucanas

Barred Hollands

Black Australorps

Golden Laced Wyandottes

and Silver Laced Wyandottes

I will also be keeping my friends chicks until they are old enough to go into her outdoor brooder.

I've never had this many chicks before and the last ones were nearly 10 years ago.

D.

The eggs in the bator are on Day 18 today. My Ideal order should ship April 7. That will be 2 pullets each of Barnevelders, Welsummers and Spangled Russian Orloffs. My McMurray order is supposed to arrive April 14 and includes 2 pullets each of Buff Orpingtons, Black Austrolorps, Red Stars and Easter Eggers. Both orders are combined with other people so I will need to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom