The waiting, the waiting!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lhayes1976, Aug 27, 2011.

1. lhayes1976

lhayes1976 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    My three Golden Comets will be 19 weeks Tuesday and not one single egg yet.[​IMG] Only one has a really red comb. I hoping any day for her. One hardly has any red to her comb. Does the comb have to be fully developed before they will lay? It's like watching water boil--I really want some eggs!

2. chickenpredatorkiller

chickenpredatorkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    South Carolina
    lol! That is almost EXACTLY what my situation is. exept I have 2 golden comets... one has a red comb and the other doesn't but neither are squatting yet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    my Gold Comet a few weeks ago, she is just now laying at 22 weeks....the only girls I have laying have very red combs and wattles....

Patience!

4. lhayes1976

lhayes1976 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I put there nest box in a few weeks ago with a fake egg. Every morning when I go to check--they have pushed the fake egg out and it's empty. I think they are trying to tell me something:lol:

5. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

They'll lay when they're good and ready - and not before!! However, I promise you that their eggs will taste better than any you've bought in a shop and will be well worth the wait [​IMG]

http://muckycluckers.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    I am also doing the waiting game. I have two RIR that sound be laying anytime now. I am not sure of there age they were a trade for some BRs, but I do know they are a week or two older than them.

7. ChickenScratchin

ChickenScratchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Yep, this is me...

8. MyRedStarz

MyRedStarz Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    I am playing the waiting game too...got 3 Red Star pullets @ 20 weeks old... no eggies yet! One's comb/waddle is much redder and more developed than the other, but no egg squats going on....The wait is almost unbearable! [​IMG]

9. Babybella1111

Babybella1111 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I'm with all of you! 18 1/2 week Golden Laced Wyandotte, and White Rock! Both are very red but no squatting yet! I'll be impatiently waiting with the rest of you!![​IMG]

10. featherful

featherful Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    Same here... I've got 5 21 week-old buff orps and EEs... red combs, no squatting [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by