The waiting, the waiting!!!!

lhayes1976

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Louisville, KY
My three Golden Comets will be 19 weeks Tuesday and not one single egg yet.
barnie.gif
Only one has a really red comb. I hoping any day for her. One hardly has any red to her comb. Does the comb have to be fully developed before they will lay? It's like watching water boil--I really want some eggs!

68634_dsc_0073-1.jpg

my Gold Comet a few weeks ago, she is just now laying at 22 weeks....the only girls I have laying have very red combs and wattles....

Patience!

I put there nest box in a few weeks ago with a fake egg. Every morning when I go to check--they have pushed the fake egg out and it's empty. I think they are trying to tell me something:lol:

I am also doing the waiting game. I have two RIR that sound be laying anytime now. I am not sure of there age they were a trade for some BRs, but I do know they are a week or two older than them.

I am playing the waiting game too...got 3 Red Star pullets @ 20 weeks old... no eggies yet! One's comb/waddle is much redder and more developed than the other, but no egg squats going on....The wait is almost unbearable!
barnie.gif

I'm with all of you! 18 1/2 week Golden Laced Wyandotte, and White Rock! Both are very red but no squatting yet! I'll be impatiently waiting with the rest of you!!
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom