The Walking Dead - Lucille says that there will be Spoilers. Listen to Lucille!!

Pics
DH and I were having an interesting conversation this morning about TWD.

The show seems to be centered in the southeast where it's warmer. What do you think the zombie situation would be at a higher and cooler altitude? Would zombies be more mobile or less? Would winter weather freeze their brains or just put them in a hibernation-type state? Would the northern part of the U.S. be a safer place for the humans?

What do you think?

(And now you know what we talk about over our morning coffee
gig.gif
)

DH and I were having an interesting conversation this morning about TWD.

The show seems to be centered in the southeast where it's warmer. What do you think the zombie situation would be at a higher and cooler altitude? Would zombies be more mobile or less? Would winter weather freeze their brains or just put them in a hibernation-type state? Would the northern part of the U.S. be a safer place for the humans?

What do you think?

(And now you know what we talk about over our morning coffee
gig.gif
)
Fantastic morning conversation! So, my DH loves to watch TWD with me. But ... he has a PhD in physiology (specifically overwintering physiology of various animals) and so when I have asked a similar question, he looks at me and laughs hysterically and simply says, if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound on this show because the whole thing is a physiological impossibility.

I on the other hand, prefer to enjoy my shows! I think that because it is cold, they wouldn't have decomposed so much as they have down in the southern warmth, but that also they would possibly slow a bit. Perhaps slow enough in the winter to make things easier going for humans, but then wonder if in they wouldn't have decomposed as much as they have and so maybe they would last longer? But, if they slowed in the winter, it'd be easer to go out an dispatch more of them during winter, right? Also, those areas in many areas are lower human population density and so fewer zombies to deal with overall. Much more open space to help slow the spread I think.

I see you are in Wyoming! I went to UWYO and lived in Laramie for many years. Several times while watching TWD, my husband I have been able to agree that it would be a great place to survive the zombie apocalypse.

I mentioned this thread and now my oldest son is chiming in saying that they can't exist in the colder climates due to cell damage that would occur ... here we go ... hubby and sons are going round and round now ... it's hilarious!
lau.gif

@tjbaker70 I would love to have your family and mine in the same room, lol.
gig.gif

This part right here...
"I think that because it is cold, they wouldn't have decomposed so much as they have down in the southern warmth, but that also they would possibly slow a bit. Perhaps slow enough in the winter to make things easier going for humans, but then wonder if in they wouldn't have decomposed as much as they have and so maybe they would last longer? But, if they slowed in the winter, it'd be easer to go out an dispatch more of them during winter, right? Also, those areas in many areas are lower human population density and so fewer zombies to deal with overall. Much more open space to help slow the spread I think."
...sounds just like me!

We moved to WY last spring and love it here! We're actually only about 45 minutes from Laramie (I have family there and in Cheyenne). How the heck did you get from WY to NY?

And as for NYC...there's no way I'd want to be there for the zombie apocalypse! Too many people, dead or alive! (I realize not all of NY is NYC
smile.png
)

Wow I can't believe I just found this thread!! I usually just go to my regulars about my turkeys and various chicken breeds. This is awesome!! I have been a die hard fan since the beginning and absolutely LOVE where the story is heading. I have to say the walker car-clothesline Rick and Michone did was one of the most amazing scenes I've ever seen. The cgi and cinematography was incredible. Can't believe they hadn't built one of those before. New episode tonight and I'm ready to see this war get started!!

@tjbaker70 I would love to have your family and mine in the same room, lol.
gig.gif

This part right here...
"I think that because it is cold, they wouldn't have decomposed so much as they have down in the southern warmth, but that also they would possibly slow a bit. Perhaps slow enough in the winter to make things easier going for humans, but then wonder if in they wouldn't have decomposed as much as they have and so maybe they would last longer? But, if they slowed in the winter, it'd be easer to go out an dispatch more of them during winter, right? Also, those areas in many areas are lower human population density and so fewer zombies to deal with overall. Much more open space to help slow the spread I think."
...sounds just like me!

We moved to WY last spring and love it here! We're actually only about 45 minutes from Laramie (I have family there and in Cheyenne). How the heck did you get from WY to NY?

And as for NYC...there's no way I'd want to be there for the zombie apocalypse! Too many people, dead or alive! (I realize not all of NY is NYC
smile.png
)
thumbsup.gif

See, you will totally survive! Smart thinking going on. Definitely, population density would be the things that takes people down. I was a bit surprised to see in TWD how some of the more rural areas were hit, but I guess they were still to to Atlanta and so not too rural. I'm from the West, so to me the entire East Coast has an incredible human population density! It's taken me some time to adapt.

We wound up in NY after living abroad for almost a decade. We left WY in 2008 after finishing school at UWYO and moved around several African countries for my work (ag development) until last year when we both took jobs back in the US here in NY near family. We considered moving back out to either WY or WA, but have a lot of family here. We loved living in Wyoming though and have gone back for vacations and would love to live there again some day. We especially love to go to the Beartrap Music festival up in Casper when we get the chance.

We stand no chance of surviving zombies even in the most rural corners of NY.
hit.gif

Wow I can't believe I just found this thread!! I usually just go to my regulars about my turkeys and various chicken breeds. This is awesome!! I have been a die hard fan since the beginning and absolutely LOVE where the story is heading. I have to say the walker car-clothesline Rick and Michone did was one of the most amazing scenes I've ever seen. The cgi and cinematography was incredible. Can't believe they hadn't built one of those before. New episode tonight and I'm ready to see this war get started!!

Spend some time poking around BYC...you'll find a bit of everything!

thumbsup.gif

See, you will totally survive! Smart thinking going on. Definitely, population density would be the things that takes people down. I was a bit surprised to see in TWD how some of the more rural areas were hit, but I guess they were still to to Atlanta and so not too rural. I'm from the West, so to me the entire East Coast has an incredible human population density! It's taken me some time to adapt.

We wound up in NY after living abroad for almost a decade. We left WY in 2008 after finishing school at UWYO and moved around several African countries for my work (ag development) until last year when we both took jobs back in the US here in NY near family. We considered moving back out to either WY or WA, but have a lot of family here. We loved living in Wyoming though and have gone back for vacations and would love to live there again some day. We especially love to go to the Beartrap Music festival up in Casper when we get the chance.

We stand no chance of surviving zombies even in the most rural corners of NY.
hit.gif

So here's the plan, in case of a zombie apocalypse, head due west as fast as you can to WY. When some alive stranger shows up at my door and identifies themselves as tjbaker, I'll let you in! Bring your family as long as they're human.

I get it about the population density...we moved here from Florida. Talk about hoards of people and zombie potential! Come to think of it, there were some pretty strange characters there. Maybe the apocalypse has already started in FL? Food for thought
lol.png

So here's the plan, in case of a zombie apocalypse, head due west as fast as you can to WY. When some alive stranger shows up at my door and identifies themselves as tjbaker, I'll let you in! Bring your family as long as they're human.

I get it about the population density...we moved here from Florida. Talk about hoards of people and zombie potential! Come to think of it, there were some pretty strange characters there. Maybe the apocalypse has already started in FL? Food for thought
lol.png
thumbsup.gif

Most definitely! Wyoming is where we have to find ourselves again someday. We often joke that we'll wind up in Bosler (not sure if you know Bosler). When we were married, our wedding dance was humorously to the song Bosler by Jalan Crossland (from Tensleep, WY). Yeah ... we may have left Wyoming but we'll be back (zombies or not).

That's a big change from FL to WY in terms of climate! WOW! You went from what summer and hurricanes in FL to the three seasons of July, August and Winter in WY.
big_smile.png

So looking through the thread, it seems folks like to wait a day before spoiling too much for others, yes? I guess that helps with the time differences too. I will refrain from any "what just happened?!?!?!" comments tomorrow and hold them for Monday.
pop.gif

I get it about the population density...we moved here from Florida. Talk about hoards of people and zombie potential! Come to think of it, there were some pretty strange characters there. Maybe the apocalypse has already started in FL? Food for thought :lol:  

LOL does anyone remember the incident with bath crystals and "zombies" a few years ago? I seriously almost thought it started! Lol

Back
Top Bottom