The weirdest thing(s) that you have ever done with/for your chickens..

Quote:
gig.gif

OMG that is priceless LOL

Ok, I'm not so weird at all after seeing/reading all these lol. I talk to my chickens, kiss them, sing to them, dance with them, take them on walks using leashes, dress them up, make little comfy beds for them in the house or garage when it's cold or they are sick, take them on car rides (once took two brooders of chicks to the beach on vacation).....etc etc....nice to know I'm "normal"
tongue.png

Last edited:
I am almost embarrassed to post this, but I get the biggest kick out of it and I even have a couple of other crazy chicken lovers doing it. When the girls submit to me by squatting down, I bend over and give their rumps a little massage. When I am done with their little massage, they stand up, fluff all their feathers and walk away really content, reminds me when I get "chicken skin".
lau.gif
The girls love it so much, they all come running over for their turn, all trying to crowd in and push out the one getting the massage treatment. (It also affords me the opportunity to check their vents; so I now who the layers are and who is there for a free meal!) Long ago, I had taken one in the shower with me, dont remember why I did that, but fluffed her back up with the blow dryer and painted her nails when I was done.

Quote:
OK you win first prize...
frow.gif

I was thinking I was odd by calling my little silkie to a quick hello & visit when I get home from work!

I think perhaps people on the outside looking in would be distrubed by the weird chicken people!

This thread is fascinating and disturbing all at the same time!
idunno.gif

Quote:
I'm reading King Arthur right now!
tongue.png

Used to have a house chicken that was a silkie rooster ... he lived in my room ... "Before" I found out it was a "Girl" I painted his toe nails Pink and Purple ...
hide.gif

I brought my Bantam Barred Rock hen "Bonnie" inside and tryed to "Make" her adopt a chick ... oh by the way ... she was in my lap at the time ...
wink.png

I bring my favorite button male, Buddy inside for visits .. I let him run around my room ... *Thinks to self ..
hmm.png
I need to make a quail diaper!
hmm.png

I see I'm not as crazy as some you guys ...
wink.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I see I'm not as crazy as some you guys ...
wink.png

uh hu sure
I mean, trying to educate your chickens in the classics and painting their nails are two totally different things!​

Quote:
uh hu sure
I mean, trying to educate your chickens in the classics and painting their nails are two totally different things!

Yes ... I know ...
wink.png

He reall looks good in Purple,
hmm.png
Humm, maybe Red and Black would have been better! (
gig.gif
)

Quote:
My 14 year old niece got 10 Barred Rocks for her 10th birthday. She was having trouble reading and her teacher recommended that she read aloud for half an hour every day. So, she would take her book out to the chicken yard and sit down and read to them for half an hour. Then 40 minutes...........then an hour. Fast forward 4 years and my niece can read and understand anything you can give her.

Chickens as tutors!
gig.gif

Last edited:
The other day I had to bathe a Silkie and I asked my daughter to borrow her hair dryer.
I went down, got Jazz all bathed and come upstairs to start the hair dryer and - you got it - stupid thing wouldnt' work.
Poor little Jazz is freezing and I'm thinking about alternatives.
Took her back downstairs to the basement and sat with her for about an hour in front of our wood furnace and turned on the vent. It's about 130 next to the furnace and I sat there patiently and got her all fluffy and beautiful. Of course I was completely drenched in sweat and had to immediately take a shower myself, but it worked great! Now I know when it comes time for bathing, I will put them in a basket next to the furnace and check on them every now & then.

Back
Top Bottom