The weirdest thing you have seen on the highway.

I think I may have provided the strangest thing for some motorists one day. It was Dec. 2000. We had been to my mom's house for the Holidays and were headed home. I was pregnant with our youngest. A BAD ice storm hit and we were travelling on the interstate at 10 mph. I had to pee sooooooooo bad and what was normally a 2 1/2 hour trip turned into MUCH more. Finally I got a cup, stood in the seat and peed while slowly driving beside another car. The looks they gave me were just priceless!!!
hide.gif

Quote:
As I live in Truth or Consequences, NM, which is right next to Elephant Butte, I can tell you it's not pronouced butt. Everyone goes to school in my town and their mascot is a Tiger. IT's pronouced B U oooot. I'm not a dictionary, so that's my take on it. I moved here from VA and I thought the same thing until my mom, who had already lived here a couple of years, told me otherwise.

I personally liked the signs that say "Slow Down, My Daddy Works Here".

Quote:
We used to joke, and it isn't funny really : what do you call some one who rides a motorcycle without a helmet? An Organ Donor!

So one day we were at the end of the drive waiting for the school bus, DD was about 5 when a motorcycle shot by. DD yells, "Look Mommy an Organ Donor!" Sure enough the call came out a few minutes later he had gone off the road a mile or so up.... Didn't see that though.

Quote:
EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summerlin,
hugs.gif
Ummm....our roads are fairly normal. There was a toilet and a car seat one time though! And the illegally killed cow elk that I was able to observe from freshly killed through white bones...
sickbyc.gif

hugs.gif

This reminded me of something, though it's not something I saw. A close friend of mine totalled her car when she came around a curve on an early, foggy morning...and slammed into a dead buffalo that was lying in the middle of the road.
ep.gif

noooooooo not the kitty!

I haven't seen a hitchhiker in these parts for a long long time, at least over a decade....but I saw a big feller wearin a purple shirt and bermuda shorts today hitchin right on the highway....

...and no, it wasn't purplechicken.

Last edited:
well one time we were driving on the high way and we passed a gas station. A black hen was loose, walking around in the parking lot...?!
lol.png
I wanted my mom to turn around and get it, because it seemed lost. but she didn't.
I hope she was OK!
fl.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom