The weirdest thing you have seen on the highway.

On Hwy 287 going north towards Dallas I saw something white in my lane.The closer I got the bigger it got......Are you ready?.It was a bathtub standing on its end!

DH & I were driving home to NJ from Fla on Hwy I-95 and there was a small red pickup truck just a few cars ahead of us that had this snake like thing hanging from it's right fender - it was flailing about and banging on the road and flipping around, and as we observed, all the other drivers were oblivious (not unusual in my book) to this.
hmm.png
It was about 6' long and black and we were totally interested in what it was so we drove a little faster to catch up to it to check it out.

After we got close enough we discovered it was a nozzle and hose from a gas pump! What the..... did he forget to do something before he drove away?!! I was looking around for the gas station attendant in another vehicle screaming and waving his fist! But we didn't see that. The guy in the red truck was just driving on.........no worries! .......
lol.png

i've seen a horse get hit by a tombstone pizza truck ironic
hmm.png
, lots of furniture, toilets, overturned mobile home, wrecked 18wheeler carrying - the mail, little hugs (the kids koolaid drinks) this one closed the highway for 10hours! , virgin record truck with cd's
smile.png
, truck w/cows once a month, coffins, balls basket balls, a car that fell off a car carrier.

but were is one thing i wish i had turned around and got it was one of those stage cases that bands load equipment in, i just wonder what was in it and what band to belonged to.

Oh gosh, when my parents lived in Texas For several years, we kept the interstate hot traveling back and forth from MS. Well, on one trip we were about middle ways through LA when a pickup that was a couple cars behind us crossed the median and struck an oncoming motorcyle running 100. Well the man on the motorcycles head popped off his shoulders, helmet and all, and rolled down the interstate. I will NEVER forget that.
ETA: Do I win the prize LOL!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the wee hours one morning in April of '95..southbound..inner loop of the beltway..my husband, a friend and I were on our way to the big celebration for my grandparents' 50th anniversary/vow renewal. We were chit-chatting when my husband suddenly had to swerve around something, raced to the side of the road and then began quickly backing up.
There was a body lying across the middle lanes.
It's a long story, but we pulled over, had somebody else who stopped calling 911 while my friend and I tried to get the body out of the road before a car could come, but we didn't make it. A semi was barrelling toward us as we were crossing into the first lane and we had no choice but to stop. Somehow, despite all the commotion, lights shining on the body, etc..the truck driver didn't see him and ran right over him.
It was one of the most horrific, traumatic things I've ever been through.
I didn't see him well enough before he was hit for *me* to be sure he was gone before he was hit. My husband and our friend say it appeared that he'd been shot in the head and dumped..but because I didn't see that for myself, and I don't *know* that he was already gone, I've spent a lot of years living with the fact that I didn't get to him in time and what if we'd gotten there..maybe he was just unconscious, maybe, maybe..
Whether he was already gone or not..it really pains me that his family got him back like that. He couldn't even be identified.
hit.gif

It was a long time until I could drive after dark again. Everything in the road or the side of the road would send me into a panic.

my husband tells me of a time driving down the road when it looked like a large chunk of the blacktop was moving and when he got closer realized it was a migration of several HUNDRED tarantulas crossing the road. I see them all the time out here but not in large numbers like that

Quote:
EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summerlin,
hugs.gif
Ummm....our roads are fairly normal. There was a toilet and a car seat one time though! And the illegally killed cow elk that I was able to observe from freshly killed through white bones...
sickbyc.gif

Some crazy guy on something randomly crossing the street and flipping off cars
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Dont worry he finally got off the road and didnt get hit. The weirdest my mom ever saw was once when she was in her 20z and a herd of horses came running at her car and jumped it!!! Mind you this was in one of the city buisness sections in ABQ and her car had the hoof dents on the top of the car to prove it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just yesterday I saw an Amish buggy pulling a boat with fishing rods in it....I had no idea they could do that!!!!
lol.png
It was just funny to see the horse pulling the buggy and the buggy pulling the boat trailer.

I wanted to add that , while on our Honeymoon in St Martiin, we saw a herd of donkeys and goats running through a shopping center parking lot! That was bazaar! There were also no stop signs or traffic lights, people just drive all crazy there!

Last edited:
Quote:
I just got the chills reading that!!
hide.gif
How big was it?

Weirdest things I've ever seen on the highway:
*moose hanging out in the median of the interstate
*car on the side of the road fully engulfed in flames
*a solid black hot air balloon, coming down low and looking like it was going to land in the median- saw this early in the morning when it was very foggy out- creepy.
*hitch-hiker dressed in an orange beekeeper's suit, mask and all.

Also, a friend of mine was driving on the highway once with a canoe strapped to the roof of his car, and a snake fell out of the canoe, onto his windshield, and then proceeded to come through the open window. Needless to say he was freaked out!

Back
Top Bottom