The Welsummer Thread!!!!

If I remember right, I think the German lines were crossed with RIR for their own reasons, probably color and egg production. But it is so far back but the trait is still strong in the German Welsummers.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I feel like that OFTEN
lau.gif

Quote:
For the sake of purity, I would not blend those two lines.

However seeing Gamesbirds stock, which has the mix of those two, they look like Welsummers to me. He personally didn't see anything different about them.

There are differences in the German (Verheyden) stock: they are little bigger than the Dutch, more darker and they look more like OEs in type.

Dutch, are smaller, more true to Welsummer type and color.

Here are the photos of the differences:

My German bantams:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/HensOnly/DSCF0053.jpg

The Dutch bantams(photo from J. Opsomer):

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/HensOnly/94185307_2yHhFUWF_20040420welsumerkriel002.jpg

See the differences?

I must say this is not the best pic of a dutch girl. You can see some pics on my website - but they are not close ups - going to be working on new pics this year and adding them to my website. Those were some of my original birds(when didnt have much to choose from) - I need to get some new ones up, with the beautiful leg color, body type, etc.

I personally cannont tell the difference between my LF and BF birds except for size - otherwise they are colored pretty much exactly the same!!!

Nate

That is true it was not the BEST picture of the Dutch girl. That is all I have on really good Dutch birds. If you can make a table with a solid color background, GREAT! As soon as you can do that, at their best plumage, you can send it on to me and I will post it on the WCNA website.

It is hard to photograph GOOD pictures of birds!

Went out and took some pictures, found out my camera batteries died.
sad.png
However it gave me ONE good picture!

The roo is playing peek a boo. His comb looks awful but gladly to say they are healing nicely, tips are falling off without any bleedings.

Two of Nate's pullets, with Sarah, black orp adopted momma to all the Welsummers.

Jan2011Welsummers020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom