The Welsummer Thread!!!!

They are beautiful almost magical looking. Do you sell any olive egger peeps and are they good producers?

we have on order pullets and a rooster to try and breed these.

they are my favorite breed of chickens.to sweet.we all thought they look like little hawks when growing up
love them
renee

hit.gif
Well the roo and his two girls are going to their new farm, a good friend of mine. She encourages me to try and show my Wellies at the local fair this year. I don't know for sure if I want to risk but she said last year there were only three classes. She figured alot of folks are getting out or coming in. After all, she is going to save me some eggs from them when my Sarah Orp gets to be broody again.
wink.png
The remaining girls are upset with me, pecking orders are going to be jousted about in coming days and only one Dutch egg laid for me.
hmm.png
I promised them I will have a treat for them in the morning since there were NO leftovers from supper tonight. Love those girls and glad they are going to a very good home!

At the same time, I tagged the German bantams...I swear, they look alot alike! But the ONLY difference is the shade of their eggs. I have one tagged that I KNOW its German and the other one, I'm doubting myself if it is German or not. I have to look back on the pictures of their combs to make sure! That is the only way I can ID them now.
barnie.gif

She has high expectations out of these birds and if they did well in the local show, she would take them to the Springfield State Fair.

I sure do miss his crowing now but the girls are happier having a space on the roosting bar. No more stragglers off the roost to nesting boxes. Bleck!

I will take pictures when weather is permitted.

Quote:
Hi Patty, I have OEs and they are typically egg a day gals, pretty much the equivalent of my Wellies. There are OE hatching eggs for sale occasionally here on BYC.

Regards

Quote:
The dutch bantams are great layers - as far as I am concerened they out produce most bantams/chickens in general. Watch out, those dutch girls are going to go broody for you, and you'll be amaxed at the mothering they do! Its second to none - the only chickens I actually ahve let hatch and raise their own!

The LF girls sometimes do go broody, but havent proven to be the best mothers.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom