The Welsummer Thread!!!!

During the Easter Hatch-a-long, my friend gave me a few chocolate eggs to hatch. She has a Wellie, but swore these eggs were marans cuz she thought her wellie wasn't laying. They were very dark, like my marans eggs, so I didn't question it...until 2 of them hatched blonde chicks. Both our marans are black, so I know now which was the bcm egg, but I also hatched a couple brown leghorns in that group & now I can't really tell who's who.
I do know the pullet in the front right is a wellie, but which of the other 2 behind is a (possible) wellie?

Here's a better pic of the pair in question

There were 2 others, but one escaped (and is still running around the pen for the last month or so), and the other has the fuzzy cheeks inherited from my EE roo. I am sure the one running around outside is BLH, but I didn't get any pix of her. She is far too flighty & stays far away.

972271_4225541656453_1598552706_n.jpg
1000175_4225542496474_2050580753_n.jpg
971232_4225540936435_1203132593_n.jpg

Do any of them have yellow legs? That could be a Wellie. But the green legs are EE's. :)
During the Easter Hatch-a-long, my friend gave me a few chocolate eggs to hatch. She has a Wellie, but swore these eggs were marans cuz she thought her wellie wasn't laying. They were very dark, like my marans eggs, so I didn't question it...until 2 of them hatched blonde chicks. Both our marans are black, so I know now which was the bcm egg, but I also hatched a couple brown leghorns in that group & now I can't really tell who's who.
I do know the pullet in the front right is a wellie, but which of the other 2 behind is a (possible) wellie?

Here's a better pic of the pair in question

There were 2 others, but one escaped (and is still running around the pen for the last month or so), and the other has the fuzzy cheeks inherited from my EE roo. I am sure the one running around outside is BLH, but I didn't get any pix of her. She is far too flighty & stays far away.

I have a 7 1/2 week old Welsummer pullet. Her name is Lacy and is the most photogenic chicken I have ever photographed (I love taking pictures of my animals). I took some beautiful pictures of her just a minute ago and would like to share them on this thread, it seems the most appropriate place to share them (besides Instagram :D) Here she is

Feedback on these would be great! I am about to enter an amatuer photo contest next year and I want to select the best one! (I am 13)
D.gif
Thanks! ~Caroline
Caroline - She is a lovely young Welsummer. My favorite would be the last picture where you can see her close up. Good headshot.

We have 14 Welsummer that are still young, though the roos almost sound grown up when they crow. I am excited to see their eggs. I know it will take some time for them to develop fully but patients is all I have.

Back
Top Bottom