The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Still think its a girl, even with the comb?
1001050_4241814863273_996980749_n.jpg

Boy I've been going through BYC withdrawal. I've been on the road showing out of the country with no access! Since I've been away my husband has hatched 2 different sets of wellies. These are out first and I'm not sure to sexing them since they are not day olds!

Last edited:
Boy I've been going through BYC withdrawal. I've been on the road showing out of the country with no access! Since I've been away my husband has hatched 2 different sets of wellies. These are out first and I'm not sure to sexing them since they are not day olds!

both look like pullets to me

First four pictures are 2 week olds I was thinking both were pullets.

#1 I was thinking cockerel?

#2 pullet?

#3 pullet?

[/quote]

Is this what you were thinking HappyChickenLover?

Jen

Hi everyone. I picked up a little welsummer pullet. She is so sweet.

But.. why does she not really have a tail? Shes 2 months.

Anyone have any more ideas. Ill do whatever it takes to make her healthy if its a health issues. Just need some ideas..advice.

Last edited:
I have 16 8 week old pullets that I have raised since day old. They all have tails and most have established combs. The rooster has color markings already. They also are much larger than your bird it seems. My little girls look just like miniature adults right now. I think your girl is younger than 8 weeks, stunted, or not a welsummer. Just my ..02 and I am only going on personal experience...no expert here!,,

The man I bought her from had amazing Welsummers. A lot of his stock was there. They all looked like the perfect examples of welsummer to me. He had a lot of them in a run that he was selling as pullets.

Anyone else think she's not a welsummer?

It is definitely possible she is younger.

Back
Top Bottom