The Welsummer Thread!!!!

heres a pic of my new willies ..

they are so pretty!

LOL the camera flash shocker
cracks me up
gig.gif

yeah after I took that pic she went running acrossed the brooder ..she moved so fast I thought for sure the pic would be just a blurr..lol

my daughter was born on the 25th as well..lol 27 yrs ago tho ..

looks like you will be busy washing pasty butt from both chicks and child. ..lol..

we have a new granddaughter that was born on jan 14th and boy i am not sure who makes a bigger stink yet .her or my chicks..haha

well love them and enjoy them all , cause they both grow so fast ..

A couple years ago I traded eggs with a person who had the same line of Welsummers that I have. I just wanted a rooster and as luck would have it, I got 7 to hatch and only one hen. Since I wanted to outcross, I made the mistake of getting rid of my roos before the new ones grew up (I could kick myself). Turns out everything single one had crooked feet - some severely. I have a sportsman incubator and hatch a lot of chicks, including about 50 of my own with this same hatch. I thought it odd that every single one was deformed and none of mine. Still, I hoped maybe it was an environmental anomaly. I choose the best of the seven with the least deformity and bred it to my hens. Wouldn't you know, every single bird this roo has ever produced has crooked feet. Now, that I sure it's genetic and I've disposed of all that line, I need some new stock. I have a few hens from my line left and would like to find a cockerel or male chicks as close to the Barber line as possible. I've worked hard to get my eggs really dark in my line and do not want to lose it if I can find something somewhat related.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom