The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Is the cockerel on the right a welsummer? Btw these are my neighbours chooks they gave me permission to take pics of their chooks, unfortunately the pullet isn't coping with rooster take a look at pic...

Is the cockerel on the right a welsummer? Btw these are my neighbours chooks they gave me permission to take pics of their chooks, unfortunately the pullet isn't coping with rooster take a look at pic...
Hmmmm...kinda looks like one maybe... BUT....
should have yellow legs and a single comb(can't quite see comb in pic).
Might be a mix<shrugs>

I know it's only been two days since I posted, but are we still thinking puller for Clover? I'm still afraid she might be a rooster. She is officially 3 weeks old today and some more breast feathers have grown in. Sorry to keep bothering everyone. But I'm seeing more black on her chest. Is a little bit of black normal?

Last edited:
My Wellie lays spotted eggs like this in cold weather and deep terra cotta colored eggs in warm weather. Beautiful eggs!

​I'm in need of a quality Welsummer roo; does anyone know of one anywhere within driving distance of Georgia?????

Hey there. Not sure how far u want to drive. Fayetteville poultry (in nc) sells chicks. Last year he put me with a local lady that had some cockerls left from her hatchings so I got one. He is wonderful. I am waiting for a b roodie to hatch his replacementd. Not easy getting 1 male.

Back
Top Bottom