The Welsummer Thread!!!!

nice looking picture of everyone's birds, we had 2 Welsummer eggs hatch and they will be a week old on Thursday. Here they are with the other chicks we hatched.

45425_chicks_1_hatched_4-29-2010.jpg

Love the photos everyone!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing them.....lots of pretty birds happening around here!
clap.gif
smile.png

Remember when my Welsummers were attacked and killed by my neighbors dogs...and remember that I put some off their last eggs in the bator....then remember when all of those babies but one ended up being roos???? Well.....the one and only pullet that I hatched from those eggs just turned 20 weeks old! Shouldn't be long before I am getting more than one Wellie egg!
ya.gif
ya.gif

Intergration to her new coop has gone by without any hitches. If all goes well she will be backcrossed to her father. I just can't wait!!!!

smile.png

If anyone is looking for Welsummer Bantam Started Chicks, I have some available. They are out of my Dutch Line(Amestein). I have both pullets and cockerels available. If you are interested please let me know, send me a message, email, or check out my website for more pics of them.

*Buyers who buy eggs this year, will be the first ones to have the new blood that just came into the USA today of Welsummer Bantams. 10 more hatching eggs were imported from Holland, and arrived into the USA today!

Nate

P.S. - Robin, when do you want an amazing breeding roostery? Ill make sure that I have one ready for you when the time comes, I want to go to some shows, and start showing mine, Ill let you know how they do, when I find a show that is close to me!

A couple of more recent photos

Biscuit (roo) @ 4 weeks
47715_mo-biscuit.jpg

47715_mo-biscuit2.jpg

I have another little roo, Gravy, who is feathered up much better. Biscuit, however, seems to be concentrating on his size rather than feathering. I wish he'd put on the feathers quicker, I'd like to put him outside soon.

Gretchen (hen) @ 7-8 weeks
47715_7w-gretchen.jpg

Quote:
I still want a roo and maybe a pullet coming this fall around October!
wink.png

I cant wait for you to get some of this amazing stock! I have quite a few hatched out right now, and they are all looking really nice. Ill have to get some pics up of my babies that hatched in November(thanskgiving)... They are amazing, perfect comb, coloring, everything!

Nate

Just for fun here is a updated photo of my "Odin," he thinks he is all that!!!
wink.png

11170_imgp6810.jpg

This is #12 Odin's daughter who just turned 20 weeks old. Talk about giving me the stink eye.
11170_imgp6808.jpg

Here is the best photo I could get of #10 my remaining Wellie gal that survived the dog attack months ago along with Odin.
11170_imgp6806.jpg

Oh and just for size comparison here is Odin with #10...he's just huge.
11170_imgp6807.jpg

Will work on getting a couple of pics of Odin's son that I am so excited about....darn camera batteries died.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom