The Welsummer Thread!!!!

KKat~

Nice Egg! It is always very exciting to me when they start laying....never know what your going to get.
smile.png

I'm still waiting for #12 to lay....all of a sudden her comb is huge and a nice bright red. I swear it changed over night but I know its really only taken about 3 weeks. She has been scratching around in the nest box now for about a month. Wish she would get busy!!!!

smile.png

Quote:
I think that they will be less speckled and a little darker once she is in the swing of things. A lot of people like speckled, but not me. I culled the hens that didn't give me a nice dark, evenly colored eggs. However, the pullets I kept from the same batch aren't laying yet so I don't know what genetics these roos are adding to the equation.

Len

Me too! I love the smoothness without speckles or very very little speckles.

Tailfeathers is working toward that direction too since he does not like speckles and it can help to diversify your gene pool in case you do need some new blood.

Im looking to get some Wellsummers real soon. Who do you think has the darkest eggs that are selling right now? You can always PM me if you like.

I have welsummer hatching eggs I am in San Antonio TX. if you are interestd you are welcome to pick them up, or I can ship eggs.

Sice you are in TX also the shipping treatment shouldn't be as rough.
here is some pics of my welsummer eggs I took about 2-3 weeks ago.
My welsummer have been laying for about 6 months or so already.
12005_2010-05-10_150119.jpg

12005_2010-05-10_151425.jpg

12005_2010-05-10_150909.jpg

Do anyone's Welsummer eggs have little bumps on them?

I do think they are Welsummers, but they are not the same hen. There are at least two hens laying these eggs.

There are a lot of little bumps all over the narrow end of the egg.

It is very insightly, so I don't sell them, but I eat them, so I know it doesn't hurt the quality of the egg.

Very strange.

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem, and what in the world could cause it.

Catherine

Do you have a picture of the egg Iggi? The first thing that came to mind is a calcium build up. Trying searching for that and see if its what youre talking about.

Back
Top Bottom