The Welsummer Thread!!!!

thumbsup.gif
Grandmaof5 Hey there is nothing wrong with playing with your chicks. And where their Yogurt ? And yeah they are looking like healthy girl Wellies

Will the young roos darken up as they get older. My two roos are nice, but not as dark as I want. They are 4-5 months old now, and starting to look pretty nice, but I am a little concerned that they may not be dark enough in the right places.

Quote:
Flower, their yoghurt is there...lol. I put a little bit of oatmeal in with it. Chick-let still has a taste, then turns her nose up and walks away from it.
smile.png

G-Ma~

They are turning into quite lovely young ladies!
love.gif

Just think in about a couple and a half months (I said a couple and a half..lol, where did that come from?) you will be patiently waiting for your first eggs from them.

Last edited:
Quote:
She is at the gangly teen stage and the breeze was blowing. Those super bright feathers seem to have a little different texture than I've seen before. The shafts are thicker and the barbs and vanes are softer. However, I'm sure she'll smooth out as she grows up.

Quote:
Wow beautiful...I just had two hatch, one pullet one little guy...and he's should look like this? No one wants roos around here. I should post a picture when I advertise him...find one somewhere on the net. Beautiful!

Did ya see my last post? I'm so excited..I got a girl and boy. Funny, the boy is smaller than the girl. She came from a large beautiful dark spotted egg. I was so hoping that egg would make it. The little guy came from what looked to be from a pullet starting to lay, smaller egg, but a nice dark brown egg. He's fiesty already! Only a couple of days old. I lost two Welsummers..
sad.png
They were doing well and alive when I last candled them the night before lock down. But, lucky to have what I have because during the incubating period our power went off, then on, then off, then on, then I decide..these are going into the truck until this is fixed..but, many didn't make it to the lockdown point. I had 4 Welsummers, and two Orpintons alive. I had two and two, not bad considering the flux in the humidity and heat loss during the outage. I wish I had put the bator in the truck sooner, but the power would come back on, me thinking, ok it's on now, but then realized that they were probably working on something and bringing the power on every now and again to keep important things running..like cold food etc...anyway, got my pullet! She is already a sweetheart. I love her. Someone on here asked me if I wanted to give up the Orpintons..I think I will..they are both black, but I live pretty far from where she/he is. They are sweethearts also.
Still wishing I could put up a picture! Maybe I'll try again.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom