The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I get my first Wellie chick in May! I'm so excited
lol.png

Quote:
Like a major blood vessel down on his leg?????? I have seen that from time to time but not sure what it is yet. It is definately NOT hair but like if it is a blood vessel of some sort. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

I see that in white legged breeds like Orps having the red streak on the side of the legs. Maybe the white leg factor popping up?

Quote:
Like a major blood vessel down on his leg?????? I have seen that from time to time but not sure what it is yet. It is definately NOT hair but like if it is a blood vessel of some sort. Maybe someone else can clarify that.

I see that in white legged breeds like Orps having the red streak on the side of the legs. Maybe the white leg factor popping up?

I've seen it in boys that are getting close breeding age, usually down the outside of the leg. It's faint, but I have noticed it.

FINALLY !!!

'Summer' finally laid her first egg. She is just over 7 months old. Very nice color covered in specks. She has been nest stalking for several days. Today she was in a different nest in 4 different houses. After about 6 hours of cackling and changing nests, she finally laid in the bantam pet cochin house.

She is the only pullet that age the other 4 are just 5 months old, so I guess I have 2 more months to wait. That is ok, I don't plan to hatch any standard sized birds till mid-summer. Till then Tonk(cockerel) is living with the laying flock.

Matt

Got the first rough draft of our e-Newsletter in place! Whew! Can't wait for the secretary to take over LOL! It is going to be exciting!

I've been surfing the net, and it is not easy getting new information for our future e-newsletters!

Quote:
woot.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Go STEVE!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see them! I hope you come home to all of them looking up at you from with in the 'bator!

smile.png

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is doing great!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom