The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Good Luck with your eggs!

Here is a picture of the red on one of our boy's leg, it doesn't seem to bother them and they are healthy. Let me know what you think.

45425_welsummer_cockeral_leg_3-16-2011.jpg

Wow, Sam, they are light brown! Not too much different than the Dutch Welsummer BF I had. I thought they would be a bit more darker but disappointed, I must say. However goodluck on your hatch!!!!!!!

Quote:
the leg and foot feel regular and we don't see this on the others in the group.

What's that bumpything on it's leg? That looks à bit red also does the other side have a bump also? It is always difficult to tell just by watching a picture but mite was the first thing that came up.

Quote:
the leg and foot feel regular and we don't see this on the others in the group.

What's that bumpything on it's leg? That looks à bit red also does the other side have a bump also? It is always difficult to tell just by watching a picture but mite was the first thing that came up.

that bumpy thing is the spur- the boy is 7 months old so the spurs aren't very big yet. I will see about treating for mites and see if that helps.

Sorry my mistake didn't meant the spur but more above that bumpy thing without feathers? Don't know the right english word for it sorry. edit found the word silly me it's swelling instead of bumpy
hmm.png

I copied your pic hope that makes it clear what I mean
smile.png

45425_welsummer_cockeral_leg_3-16-2011.jpg

that's where the redness start from what I can see and it goes down to the leg.

Just wait for some more answers I could be wrong ofcourse...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom