The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Beautiful Eggs Fay!!!!! I hope you have a great hatch!!

Kelly~ 3 chicks are here and it looks to be 2 cockerels and 1 pullet. Do not see any pips in the other eggs but they are near the back so I can't see everything going on in there. The 3rd Wellie just hatched this morning so I am going to keep my fingers crossed for the others.

Will get photos as time allows....they are sooooo cute! THANK YOU KELLY!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!

I was trying to cram as many eggs as I could into the incubator, so I thought I'd stop and take a picture lol.  I put a W on the Welsummer eggs, b on the Barnevelder eggs, BW on the BW ameraucana, L on the lavender ameraucana and a t on the turkey eggs.  I found a robin's egg and stuck it on top for comparision. it has an R on it.  This is a hatch I'm doing for myself so I put the darkest eggs I have in to hatch.  The second picture is without flash.

I wanna see that tiny robin hatch with the chicks!

Well you go night crawler hunting each night, then chew them to a nice chewy consistency, and open your mouth to let them eat........hehehehehe..............ever see Jim Carry in the Pet Detective.........Where he feeds the baby Eagle.........LOL

Well you go night crawler hunting each night, then chew them to a nice chewy consistency, and open your mouth to let them eat........hehehehehe..............ever see Jim Carry in the Pet Detective.........Where he feeds the baby Eagle.........LOL

speaking of Eagles- we have a pair that built a nest about 1 mile away from our house, this is the 2nd year they have been around here- so far no problems with them bothering our chickens

My friend has my oldest son wanting.................emu's. It's all he talks about.
th.gif

speaking of Eagles- we have a pair that built a nest about 1 mile away from our house, this is the 2nd year they have been around here- so far no problems with them bothering our chickens

We have several pair around here and in 10 years none have bothered my neighbors chickens/ducks/Guiness/turkey's/or mine since last year, we do however have a major problem with
coyotes/wolves/owls/ hawks and crows, taking everything they can.......... I haven't yet lost any chickies, but Sue has lost lots of them to our predators. But I have 4 dogs and during the winter they stay in the pen all the time. I will most likely not be so lucky when they free range this season, because I can't always be where they are, but I try to keep a pretty close eye on them........ Kim

I just wanted to let everyone know that Ewesheep has been quite sick. She was admitted to the hospital and had to have a cardiac cath. Good news is, the cath was ok, she was diagnosed with pleurisy and is home from the hospital. I thought everyone would want to know so they can keep her in their thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
We have several pair around here and in 10 years none have bothered my neighbors chickens/ducks/Guiness/turkey's/or mine since last year, we do however have a major problem with
coyotes/wolves/owls/ hawks and crows, taking everything they can.......... I haven't yet lost any chickies, but Sue has lost lots of them to our predators. But I have 4 dogs and during the winter they stay in the pen all the time. I will most likely not be so lucky when they free range this season, because I can't always be where they are, but I try to keep a pretty close eye on them........ Kim

You should count your many blessings! Every year I have a Bald Eagle or two come around. Last year they took about 14-15 ducks in a week and a half. I saw one just a couple of days ago and the next day I found a pile of red feathers. Got one of my RIR's. Today I found my last remaining SQ Black Cayuga hen half eaten. Pretty sure it's that potlicker doing it!

Oh, and I always lose a few duck eggs every day to crows and I have my share of coyotes and 'coons as well. Thus far the 'coons and coyotes have been kept at bay though.

God Bless,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Ewesheep has been quite sick. She was admitted to the hospital and had to have a cardiac cath. Good news is, the cath was ok, she was diagnosed with pleurisy and is home from the hospital. I thought everyone would want to know so they can keep her in their thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for letting us know, we will be keeping her in our prayers!

Back
Top Bottom