The Welsummer Thread!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Ewesheep has been quite sick.  She was admitted to the hospital and had to have a cardiac cath.  Good news is, the cath was ok, she was diagnosed with pleurisy and is home from the hospital.  I thought everyone would want to know so they can keep her in their thoughts and prayers.

Sending positive thoughts her way!

Many thanks to ALL of you for your well wishes! I am not 100% there but will be probably in the middle or by next weekend when I can be up and running.

Not fun having all those cardiac tests being done, not only they DX with pluerisy but MVP and heart mumurs. Luckily for me no real buildup being clogged but they advise me to go back on statin drugs even it kills me with muscle pain. They are assuming fibromyglia as well, to this day, I still have it along with the usual sores and aches from the cath surgery. I didn't appreciate being stuck like a pincushion every four hours day and night, arms are so sore and bruised. Had one stick wound, bigger than half dollar size, from an internern that blew my blood vessel. She nearly came to tears when I finally had enough and asked for another nurse. I had some great male nurses there (which I know one is definately gay but they are terrific!). After twice a night bed changes, I thought I would have gone stir crazy with little sleep, sore, tired and only ate two meals in the three days in the hospital. Talk about grumpy and wanted FOOD! Was glad to be home and supervise hubby in the chores that needed to be done.

Angela got some pretty Welsummer chicks, did some heavy culling and kept most of her EE/Ameraucana crosses. They are all growing like a weed! Kept a mottled chick, two blues, and a splash. And kept two CW Wellie girls.

For Diane's chicks, that hubby brought back from WV (he had a delightful time jamming!), these chicks are awesome! The chicks were second generation from Nate's, and they growing in the brooder box along with their friends, the Lavender and Black Ameraucana chicks. They got BIG cheeks and they are going to be goreous! Know they are straight run, I have people wanting cockerals out of the lot and they will be lined up for free to good homes, while I keep all the females.

I've kept hubby busy with my Spitz chicks, they are a bunch of clowns....everytime he goes in to feed them, they would jump out and try to get into the food container LOL!

All in all, under doctor's orders, as much I want to do things, like gardening, yard work, but not able to do it for a week to two weeks at the most or I'll bust open my leg vein again. Ugh! I am not much for sitting or laying down for a LONG time without getting up. I would get so bored!

Next time if I ever have a cath surgery, I better opt for arm instead of leg....a bum leg is a royal pain inthe behind when you want to MOVE and go up and down stairs is a no no for a while. Can't avoid that when you need to go outside.

glad you are doing better. Keep me posted on how the girls grow. Did I get the wellies right on all girls?

I've got eggs to sell now if anyone is interested.

glad you are doing better. Keep me posted on how the girls grow. Did I get the wellies right on all girls?

I've got eggs to sell now if anyone is interested.

I haven't gotten a close look at them but I don't see any black chest feathers popping out yet. If and when I get a roo out of the lot, I might keep him as long he does not crow or make attempts. Otherwise I will have to let him go. My camera is dead and I can send you pictures of them, FaykokoWV!

Incubating Salmon Faverolle bantam eggs for over a week and three days now....time for me to candle them tonight.

Again, thanks for the well wishes! Your prayers and thoughts were really appreciated!

Last edited:
I haven't gotten a close look at them but I don't see any black chest feathers popping out yet. If and when I get a roo out of the lot, I might keep him as long he does not crow or make attempts. Otherwise I will have to let him go. My camera is dead and I can send you pictures of them, FaykokoWV!

Incubating Salmon Faverolle bantam eggs for over a week and three days now....time for me to candle them tonight.

Again, thanks for the well wishes! Your prayers and thoughts were really appreciated!

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet! Good luck with your up coming hatch and take it easy
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom