The Welsummer Thread!!!!

Yes, I agree, that confused me at the time also about the combs. There is another show put on by another poultry club in a different county in Jan or Feb one. I will take the same two there and see what happens.

We got some of our 1st wellsummers from whitmore farm this past June, no eggs yet from
the hens, but hopefully soon. Plan to seperate some pair and breed this coming spring. Here's a couple pictures.

zek! Those are beautiful..all of them together like that. I want more! I have a pullet out side that should start laying in about a month, and a baby that I kept out of my last hatch. Wish I had kept another. Beautiful birds you have there.

I love Welsummers! But I don't have any right now!
goodpost.gif

Hello all,

After looking for over a year here in Florida, I finally found a young cockerel. He is around 5 months old, so we will see if he makes the cut. I have 4 hens and am hooked on the breed. I will always have Wellies.:)

Maye

Ride the Glide.....Got Gait.....I Do.....

When My welsummer hatched 5 weeks ago I thought they were all boys but now 1 has a smaller comb, do you think its a a girl or just a late bloomer?

Back
Top Bottom