The Winter granny square swap.

1. I'd like things to be secure and would rather not be responsible for everyone's address. While I personally will take all the junk mail I can get, (to keep the mailperson working) others do not. You don't know me really and I don't know you really, so the less risk we have the better. It's something we each need to consider when taking part in these things.

2. You can mail one package which is cheaper. Seems to me that part of the reason for hosting these events is to help people stay connected with like people. Being responsible for repacking and shipping is my contribution to the world.

I personally do not want to mail 18 single squares. Each would cost $1 at least and that's $7 more than mailing one priority box.

3. This is how it was when I came in to the swaps so I'm good with it.

4. Is there is a consensus to change things? I say if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Please know I will not be keeping anyone's address.
I'm perfectly fine either way, just threw it out there. I really can't wait to get started on this one! Will be really nice colors!
Cathy

I've decided on simple single crochet squares. They can be done at airports and in one color, which will minimize the cavewoman act.

I've decided on simple single crochet squares. They can be done at airports and in one color, which will minimize the cavewoman act.

I have no doubt what ever you do will be very nice and appreciated.
big_smile.png

I don't mind hosting. I don't have little kids to tend to and the office is low traffic so there is room to work. I'm not far from the PO so it will all work out just fine. I hope.
fl.gif

Rancher, Count me in.....I wasn't going to do anymore swaps for a while but I have my evenings free while I watch TV and have to keep my hands busy. I'm working on a baby afghan for my first great grandchild and I'm out of white baby yarn so will either have to make a trip of 76+ miles or order online so can start on the blocks for the winter swap. I have lots of winter colors and I need to use up some yarn. Hubby keeps fussing about how much I have. I just finished a snowflake afghan for my granddaughters wedding present and may try it out as a square so I can use that pattern but again I just love the "grannies" so we'll see..... I think I make number 10.....and I've been known to do 5 a day using a granny pattern.

Rancher, Count me in.....I wasn't going to do anymore swaps for a while but I have my evenings free while I watch TV and have to keep my hands busy. I'm working on a baby afghan for my first great grandchild and I'm out of white baby yarn so will either have to make a trip of 76+ miles or order online so can start on the blocks for the winter swap. I have lots of winter colors and I need to use up some yarn. Hubby keeps fussing about how much I have. I just finished a snowflake afghan for my granddaughters wedding present and may try it out as a square so I can use that pattern but again I just love the "grannies" so we'll see..... I think I make number 10.....and I've been known to do 5 a day using a granny pattern.

I have about 8 totes full of yarn plus another that doesn't fit in the closet yet I am still looking online and considering ordering a "mill ends" lot from ShopCaron.com
lol.png
It's horribly addicting... everytime you see a new color it's like you just MUST have it! lol.

I have about 8 totes full of yarn plus another that doesn't fit in the closet yet I am still looking online and considering ordering a "mill ends" lot from ShopCaron.com
lol.png
It's horribly addicting... everytime you see a new color it's like you just MUST have it! lol.

So very, very true. We went out this evening and I didn't feel like doing Home Depot, so I had my boyfriend drop me off at Michaels. Because I need to be in Michaels, right? 40% off a regular priced item and 20% off entire purchase. I have a huge tote in the closet, plus two bags, plus 4 bags on the floor, 3 totes in the garage, 2 dressers full and a cedar chest that I keep looking at wondering what the heck I put in it. And that's not counting the stuff I'm working on in the living room or what I brought in this weekend.

Someone stop me before I shop again!!!
th.gif

I dont think we are the right folks to help you put the brakes on your yarn habit ;)

I have a big box of threads coming in multiple colors, I have bought 3 big bags of yarn this month, I have about 3 milk crates full of yarn and threads and I have been eye-balling more!!!

lol.png

Perhaps the next swap will be the Old type of granny square, so we can use up all or most of our leftovers. I got an e-mail that Vanna has a new yarn with sequins. Can't wait to see it.

Baustin - glad your here.
wee.gif

Thanks for the welcome. I did a trial block last night using the snowflake pattern I used for the wedding present. I just changed it from an octagon to a square and it came out right at 6 inches.
clap.gif
If I decide to use it, it will use two colors, white of course and the background color. The final round is the traditional granny square pattern. My yarn stash isn't quite as large as my quilting stash but it's close.
lau.gif

Rancher, now you know better than that. Do we ever truly use up our leftovers?! No, we just add to it!! LOL And now you have me about to search for this new yarn. :lau As it is, I usually order it online because then it comes while hubby is at work and he never knows I have purchased more! LOL He never knows the difference because I have so much of it in these huge tubs stacked in the closet of my craft room and under my scrapping table. I agree, it's a horrible addiction, but there are much worse things to be addicted to.
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom