The Winter granny square swap.

Hey folks, so sorry I have not been around. I got my squares... I don't even remember when. I wanted to stop by and let you all know that the squares are beautiful and Rancher, thank you so much for agreeing to host the swap. The last time I was on... I had just lost my sister to cancer and had gone to CT for her services. A few weeks later mom had two strokes and she passed away on April 20, 7 weeks after my sister. It has been a very hard year. I dropped out of the swaps I was working on with the group in Facebook and am currently doing one on Ravelry... it is only 12 12-inch squares in 3 months and I think I can manage that. Just cannot add anymore stress to my life by committing to a swap that require 30 to 42 squares at a time. The ones here are typically half that unless you choose to commit to more than one set. If someone would please let me know when the next one starts, I would appreciate it. BYC doesn't send me any notifications so if someone could pop me an email at [email protected], that would be great. I may be up to joining the next one.

Kat-Good to hear from you. Please take care of youself and take as much time as you need. I'm not reliable at the moment because of illness, but can offer that someone usually mentions new swaps on 'crochat chat'

If there is going to be another granny square swap I'd love to know when. Ever since I joined a couple of block swaps my daughter has gotten interested in block swaps. She has finally asked if I'd find one she could do and granny squares are the perfect starting point for a new 'swapper':) She has been sewing for a few years now but of course I'll be looking over her shoulder to make sure she meets all of the requirements. 11 years old and we'll make a quilter of her yet;-)

If there is going to be another granny square swap I'd love to know when. Ever since I joined a couple of block swaps my daughter has gotten interested in block swaps. She has finally asked if I'd find one she could do and granny squares are the perfect starting point for a new 'swapper':) She has been sewing for a few years now but of course I'll be looking over her shoulder to make sure she meets all of the requirements. 11 years old and we'll make a quilter of her yet;-)
Hi.

This swap was for chrochet sqares. I hope this is what you had in mind. If not, there are often quilt block swaps going on, too. Isn't it nice for an 11-year-old to want to do this?

My apologies- I was thinking it was a fabric sewn quilt-top squares swap:) Yes, absolutely wonderful and surprising that she wishes to send and receive her own blocks.

Back
Top Bottom