The Winter granny square swap.

I wanted to Thank you for sending me my 6 inch squares. They are very nice. Just wanted to let you know that I recieved them with no problem and Thank you again. :)

The squares are here. Thank you all. They are all beautiful. I had to chuckle when I saw I got back the one I sent which had yellow speckles, along with red and blue ones, in the white yarn. I guess Rancher was serious when he said no yellow snow.

The squares were especially upcheering because they came three hours after the physical therapist told me I can't crochet. I knew I couldn't do big things, so have been making scarves, dischloths and squares for this afghan and the flower power one. I also promised someone a pair of slippers. For now, I'm hanging up my hook and yarn and looking forward to everyone's pictures.

I've been having a rough week. Sometimes, it really feels like when it rains, it pours. And since the average temp outside this week as been between 10 and 20F, its been a real bummer.

Today however, I had a little ray of sunshine in the form of a slightly warmer day and an amazing box full of beautiful squares!!! I will post pictures as soon as I can get some good ones. Will be a few days, but I have to say I am looking forward to putting this one together. The colors everyone chose are amazing, and the squares are ALL beautiful! Thanks!!

In the mean-time, I did take some pictures of some of the happier events around my little mini-farm I am happy to share ...

First, of my girls. They have been enjoying getting outside lately. I dont pick up the hay scraps from in front of the barn too often when its cold out. Gives the ladies an outside place to scratch and play that isnt too hard on the little feet.

I also have a wishing well near the coop. I used to plant nice things in there. I think the ladies would rather I convert it to a day spa. They have effectively kicked out 1/3 of the dirt from the planter inside. Works for me, its super fun to watch....

And of course, my draft/paint cross, Paco, aka "Curious Geroge" had to come over to see why I was taking pictures. Don't mind the poo - its that time of year!

And as I snapped pictures, Bogie, my Aussie, decided it was time to play. He has Paco's Jolly Ball. Funny story about the ball. It has been in the horse-pen for three years or so. The horses picked it up by the handle and bonked eachother with it, played tug-of-war with it, kicked it, dunked it in the trough.....They love it. About a month ago, out of the blue, Keera the German Shephard decided she had seen enough and chewed the handle off. It is now pretty much destroyed and it is the #1 dog-approved toy on the property. Why all of a sudden it was so cool, I will never know. I think the horses are a little put out by their loss.

But....Bogie loves it....

a lot!

Last edited:
I've been having a rough week. Sometimes, it really feels like when it rains, it pours. And since the average temp outside this week as been between 10 and 20F, its been a real bummer.

Today however, I had a little ray of sunshine in the form of a slightly warmer day and an amazing box full of beautiful squares!!! I will post pictures as soon as I can get some good ones. Will be a few days, but I have to say I am looking forward to putting this one together. The colors everyone chose are amazing, and the squares are ALL beautiful! Thanks!!

In the mean-time, I did take some pictures of some of the happier events around my little mini-farm I am happy to share ...

First, of my girls. They have been enjoying getting outside lately. I dont pick up the hay scraps from in front of the barn too often when its cold out. Gives the ladies an outside place to scratch and play that isnt too hard on the little feet.

I also have a wishing well near the coop. I used to plant nice things in there. I think the ladies would rather I convert it to a day spa. They have effectively kicked out 1/3 of the dirt from the planter inside. Works for me, its super fun to watch....

And of course, my draft/paint cross, Paco, aka "Curious Geroge" had to come over to see why I was taking pictures. Don't mind the poo - its that time of year!

And as I snapped pictures, Bogie, my Aussie, decided it was time to play. He has Paco's Jolly Ball. Funny story about the ball. It has been in the horse-pen for three years or so. The horses picked it up by the handle and bonked eachother with it, played tug-of-war with it, kicked it, dunked it in the trough.....They love it. About a month ago, out of the blue, Keera the German Shephard decided she had seen enough and chewed the handle off. It is now pretty much destroyed and it is the #1 dog-approved toy on the property. Why all of a sudden it was so cool, I will never know. I think the horses are a little put out by their loss.

But....Bogie loves it....

a lot!

Thank you for all the pictures. Animals are wonderfu.

How awful, how long is he cutting you off from crochet?
The squares are here. Thank you all. They are all beautiful. I had to chuckle when I saw I got back the one I sent which had yellow speckles, along with red and blue ones, in the white yarn. I guess Rancher was serious when he said no yellow snow.

The squares were especially upcheering because they came three hours after the physical therapist told me I can't crochet. I knew I couldn't do big things, so have been making scarves, dischloths and squares for this afghan and the flower power one. I also promised someone a pair of slippers. For now, I'm hanging up my hook and yarn and looking forward to everyone's pictures.

OMG! I am so sorry. If you remember how squares weren't tagged and things kind of got mix up. I was taking from this box to put in that box so everyone got the right number. I was afraid that would happen.

I was worried when I volunteered to host I'd get things screwed up and I did. Please don't hate me.

DW was going "are you going to get those boxes off the table tonight so we can eat dinner?" We only have the dinningroom table. The yellow snow was a joke not a rejection of the color.

Well I guess this ensures I'll never have to host again huh?

Again if anyone else got back one of their squares is was not intentional. Please don't vote me off the island.

I hope you don't have to never crochet again.

Last edited:
OMG! I am so sorry. If you remember how squares weren't tagged and things kind of got mix up. I was taking from this box to put in that box so everyone got the right number. I was afraid that would happen.

I was worried when I volunteered to host I'd get things screwed up and I did. Please don't hate me.

DW was going "are you going to get those boxes off the table tonight so we can eat dinner?" We only have the dinningroom table. The yellow snow was a joke not a rejection of the color.

Well I guess this ensures I'll never have to host again huh?

Again if anyone else got back one of their squares is was not intentional. Please don't vote me off the island.

I hope you don't have to never crochet again.
No problem. I think we all get some of our squares back and I don't mind that. I just thought the yellow one was funny. I do not feel rejected and I hope you are able to host again sometime. Maybe we'll have a swap with yellow!

Crocheting will be on ongoing part of the conversation with the therapist. I don't think "never" is in the equation. I have discovered I can work on a small thing by putting it on the desk and leaning my arms on it and holding my hands away. That way I don't have to scrunch the shoulder or neck. We'll see what she says tomorrow. Thank you for your concern.

It's not a big deal that we got one of our own squares back, even a couple. It's difficult to sort. I know, I had the same problem when I hosted a swap. Don't sweat the petty stuff, Rancher, you did just fine.

It was my understanding that we would get back one square of our own for each of the sets we submitted. Otherwise, how would the count work out? I dunno. I'm not good at math anymore. Too many years teaching first grade, I guess.

But for the record, I have NOT gotten my box of squares yet. I hope the PO hasn't messed things up. I can now get to the door faster than the dog when the mailperson arrives...

Back
Top Bottom