The Winter granny square swap.

The physical therapist didn't like my trick. No crocheting for now. Maybe I'll make some progress in the endless project of sorting yarn.

I'm happy (very happy
celebrate.gif
) to report that my squares arrived this morning, safe and sound. I LOVE them! I can't wait to put them all together.

I'm leaving for Vermont tomorrow to get married but will be back on Saturday. You can be sure I will start that afghan as soon as I return!

Seems like if you are getting married getting that afghan finished may not be a top priority.
1f60d.png

It was my understanding that we would get back one square of our own for each of the sets we submitted. Otherwise, how would the count work out? I dunno. I'm not good at math anymore. Too many years teaching first grade, I guess.

But for the record, I have NOT gotten my box of squares yet. I hope the PO hasn't messed things up. I can now get to the door faster than the dog when the mailperson arrives...

No and I am sorry. I have been going through heck here. My car was in the shop and has to go back. I'm mad as you know what. More I won't burden you with. It never rains but it pours.
hit.gif

I did put in a jar of jelly I made to appease you. It's been ready to go. Tomorrow I promise. Come h#ll or high water, though the high water I got. The creek has risen with all this rain.

I went for another job yesterday. Another nursing home. It seems to be my lot when it comes to openings and suggestions from family. "Oh they need someone here, why don't you apply".. This one is for a driver, to carry folks to appointments and outings.

Rancher, you did a great job and I'm as happy as can be with my squares!! Thanks so much for hosting this. I just love the idea of squares from all over the country, each an interpretation made by the creator. And, of course, a reflection of the yarn he or she has lying around!!
wink.png

Thanks again.

I need to share something. There was a package with prepurchased postage. I took it to the po and the woman said it was no good as it had been purchase to long ago. I said I had no idea it could expire.

Keep in mind I used to work for the PO. I said well they paid for it, why would it be no good? So I said fine and left.

Then I took the package to another PO and the woman said it was fine, blah, blah, blah.

So in the future if you buy return postage make sure that they give you the right information. I am not clear about these metered postage thingies businesses use or printed postage at home.

I do know the Automated Postal Center postage has a "date of sale" on it. I used to show people how to use it.

Stamps however DO NOT expire.

Just thought you should know.

Anyone who sent a check I deposited them today. Sorry but with the price of gas I try to consolidate my trips.

According to my PO where I mailed it and bought the metered postage for the return it would have been just fine. If the cost of postage had gone up all that would have happened would have been to stick a few stamps on it to make up the difference. I think you got a very ignorant postal worker there.

According to my PO where I mailed it and bought the metered postage for the return it would have been just fine. If the cost of postage had gone up all that would have happened would have been to stick a few stamps on it to make up the difference. I think you got a very ignorant postal worker there.

Like I said I worked for the PO so I knew what was what. Even if the postage had gone up I still paid a few cents to mail them back it was not a big deal to me. I have plenty of change on my dresser.
big_smile.png

I just figured if it wasn't more than $1 I'd pay the extra. The PO can be a real pain sometimes.

Just got my squares
1f603.png
. So beautiful! There are so many special and talented people in this group. Thank you do much!

Back
Top Bottom