The Winter granny square swap.

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I received a pm from someone who gave these suggestions. My toes are fine.

However I suggested Coats and Clarks Super saver since it is a common yarn I have found at Joanns, Michaels, and AC Moores. I also suggested the final round be White or Blue since it will make things easy for us to put them together. Unless of course others feel they'd like to add a round to blocks received to increase the size of the square.

I am fine with NOT having a set final round if everyone agrees.

I suggested the Medium Priority sized box since some may wish to use this size and also because there are some who may do more than the allotted number of squares. I personally don't mind doing extra. My first swap required a medium sized priority box. We had 11 participants and many did double.

Six inch squares should go fast for me and others. Extras will assist those who wish to donate their blankets do charity. Perhaps the pediatric ward of your local Hospital. I personally would appreciate a soft, non baby type yarn.

I assumed everyone understood the concept of including return postage. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

"Winter Crochet Granny Square Swap" Hosted by yours truly.

Completion Deadline:
_1/31/13_____________~ All Squares must be complete and ready to mail!! When finished pm me and I will pm back my address.
Theme:
The colors of Winter.
Colors:
Whites, Grays, Blues & Dark Greens(think evergreens!)
Size: 6" squares (6"x6")
Pattern:
Any Pattern you like(finished squares must measure 6")
Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight
Number of Squares:
One square for each participant(including yourself).

Important Info:

When packaging your blocks make sure to include return postage. Send them in the most economical way. Include the full number of blocks for the number of swappers we end with, I will divide them and make sure everyone gets blocks from everyone else.

A few people had a hard time finding the "final round color" for the Fall swap, maybe it would be easier for some people if there wasn't a required color for the last round? just a thought.

Squares need not be packaged in separate bags nor labeled. Just pack them in tissue paper.

For beginners the basic granny square is fine. Solid squares in a winter color are fine.

1. Rancher

2. Bleenie

3. sebocat

4. Alethea

5. KreativeKat

6. Smkchick

7. Mainegigi

8. NCgrammy

9. Baustin

10. bama1

11. Chirmac

12. nachoqupie

13. Writer of words.

14. Smkchick 2

15. Sebocat too.

16 KreativeKat again?

17. Bama1 now 2 too.

18. Super Bleenie.

19. Ladyofspirit

Last edited:
What I like to do for my hands is rub them with vaseline and then put on a pair of plastic (not latex) gloves at night. Or hand cream works too.

I tried doing it for my face but I couldn't sleep with a plastic bag over my head.
lau.gif
Just kidding. My face does get dry though.

Got Smkchicks, squares today.
bun.gif

Last edited:
My squares have been mailed today. Thank you for letting me participate. It was fun to make them and I hope whoever gets them will like them. :0)

To be honest I haven't opened any of them yet. I wanted to wait until I had them all.
jumpy.gif
I do like surprises. Good ones that is.

But I opened and it and you know how sometimes you give some one a gift and it's just the right gift? Well this is one of those times for you.

I can just see all the marshmellows floating on top of my hot chocolate while I'm watching Elementary. It's perfect. DW just bought some too. I'll have to post pics. Which of course will be soon as things are slated to get colder.

It's funny the things that become important when we get older.
big_smile.png
I don't think it's because we become boring but that we are more content. We're no longer looking for the things that make us content it's that we've found out what they are.

For me it's my wife, chickens, this house, hot chocolate, coffee, chocolate wrapped in chocolate and some good mystery shows and books. Oh and my garden. I also like to volunteer at the school too. Can't forget my Darcy either. Not necessarily in this order mind you. There may be others.

I can't thank you enough.

Rancher

Last edited:
I always wait til they're a little bigger before I fuss. Can't have parts breaking off when I hold them you know.
lau.gif
They're just to darn tiny when they're born.

I have no doubt she'll be spoiled.
I'm sure she'll be spolied also. I raised 7 of my own and my husband has four from his first marriage. It gives us 33 grandchildren and five great grandchildren with another grandchild and another great grandchild still to come this year. It's no wonder my fingers are so busy.

i would like to join the grannysquare swap it is my first one i just recently learned how to crochet however i have an awesome teacher bleenie is helping me as wellas teaching me

Back
Top Bottom