The Winter granny square swap.

Am looking forward to seeing some pics of finished squares so I can get some inspired yarn shopping in..... Hint hint ;). I have some in my stash, but I am hoping to coordinate off of what you guys are picking....what colors/brands are you guys toying with??

Am looking forward to seeing some pics of finished squares so I can get some inspired yarn shopping in..... Hint hint
wink.png
. I have some in my stash, but I am hoping to coordinate off of what you guys are picking....what colors/brands are you guys toying with??
I'm using various blues & greys from my stash, many of which don't have labels. I think as long as you stay in the blue, grey, white and dark green, youl'll be ok. Part of the fun of these swaps is the variety we come up with. My squares are intentionally simple because of upcoming travels. That being said, I've already made 12 single crochet squares and am starting on traditional squares. If it takes too long to get off the ground, I might try something fancier, then go back to simple things while I travel.

Oh, pictures. My camera's battery is dead. I'll recharge it and try to take pictures tomorrow.

I ordered yarn online & it should be arriving anyday. I also ordered a yarn ball winder to clean up the stash... and also because it looked like fun to use, LOL.

Glad they have an order history on the website.. I would have never remembered.

Red Heart SS - delft blue, counrty blue, light gray, spa blue fleck
Red Heart "with love" - bluebell
Bernat SV - Sky

The Bluebell & Sky look really nice together, i think.

Here's a tip for those who have gardens. If you have yarn you know you won't use or is old? Use it to tie up your plants. Be sure to clean up any short pieces though so the chickens don't get them. Also if you have biodegradable yarn that's even better.

Here's a tip for those who have gardens. If you have yarn you know you won't use or is old? Use it to tie up your plants. Be sure to clean up any short pieces though so the chickens don't get them. Also if you have biodegradable yarn that's even better.
Funny you should mention gardens. I had an idea for a swap: a garden salad swap. Each square would have to have at least one green in it. Other than that, colors could be anything you'd put in a salad. Sound yummy?

Funny you should mention gardens. I had an idea for a swap: a garden salad swap. Each square would have to have at least one green in it. Other than that, colors could be anything you'd put in a salad. Sound yummy?
Oh, my - YES! How fun would that be?

One swap at a time please. I've got a square to knit for the church benefit too. I'm having trouble getting started. I do the same square each time but things are in disarray with the holiday. I think I need to build a room where things can just be left alone. I need to get in a comfortable chair and relaxed to crochet or knit.
lol.png

I will mention that I do knit fruit baby caps and a friend wanted one like a Cabbage. I could have done it but it would have meant improvising and I'm just not up to it these days.

I just read all the posts to this thread and from what I gather, we are not doing a standard color final round, correct? So one 6" square for each participant (13) with the last round crafters' choice, is that right?

I've been working on a 12" square solid cream color fisherman-type patchwork afghan for my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas. 42 squares (6x7 - he's a big guy), 3 of each of 14 patterns. I'm so excited to see how it's gonna look. Sort of a twist on the traditional Aran afghan. I'll post pictures when it's done (probably Christmas Eve at 4am).

I also want to get a bunch of amigurini chicks done for the NEPC in January. A friend of mine will have a table so I can sell some stuff. If I have time, I want to do some crocheted pumpkin pie slices and chicken legs.

I just read all the posts to this thread and from what I gather, we are not doing a standard color final round, correct? So one 6" square for each participant (13) with the last round crafters' choice, is that right?

I've been working on a 12" square solid cream color fisherman-type patchwork afghan for my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas. 42 squares (6x7 - he's a big guy), 3 of each of 14 patterns. I'm so excited to see how it's gonna look. Sort of a twist on the traditional Aran afghan. I'll post pictures when it's done (probably Christmas Eve at 4am).

I also want to get a bunch of amigurini chicks done for the NEPC in January. A friend of mine will have a table so I can sell some stuff. If I have time, I want to do some crocheted pumpkin pie slices and chicken legs.
That afghan sounds beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom