The Winter granny square swap.

Hi everyone. I said some time ago that I would post pix. Well I just took one of 3 of my blocks. I've done 12 so far. The one that looks black is actually a dark sage, one blue and one is in dark grey. I have another green I'm going to use also.
Those are awsome winter in color and theme.

Alas. My black yarn is mostly wool, too. someone suggested Winter sunset colors. We have beautiful sunsets and sunrises here and an alpine glow which makes Mt. Shasta look like a 14,000 ft. strawberry ice cream cone. I have a lot of those colors, but they'd work as accents in multicolored squares rather than as whole squares. I guess I'll have to bite the whatsit and buy some yarn.

Have we ever had a swap using wool?

Not yet. I don't like using wool as DW shrinks it every time. I made a knitted afghan which became a run. I was not happy but it was funny.

Hi everyone. I said some time ago that I would post pix. Well I just took one of 3 of my blocks. I've done 12 so far. The one that looks black is actually a dark sage, one blue and one is in dark grey. I have another green I'm going to use also.

Those are really nice. I tried to find a pattern like that but couldn't. Is that your design?

Thanks everyone. The original design is not my own. It was an octagon. I changed the last two rows to make it square and they are of the granny square design. It was a free design from red heart I beli8eve so I can copy it and send it to anyone that wants it. They're easy to do and work up pretty fast.

Rancher, I will take that vacancy spot on #4 on the list and do double now that I can start on our swap.....252 four inch granny squares in the mail to my son-in-law for his Christmas present.

Now I haven't mentioned it but I've got some good news. I know many are going through lots of stuff and I think this time of year seems to magnify things.

Anyhow Julia and Keith have been trying to have another baby for years and years. They did have two little girls born but both with so many health problems they didn't live long. Their last daughter lived for months and month before she passed.

Well last week they were blessed with a healthy baby boy. Elliot Jackson. just over 6lbs and 21 inches long.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom