The Winter granny square swap.

I'll be sending in extras, too, but don't know whether it will be a complete second set. I'm currently on number 29. I leave on the 4th or 5th and will be gone at the deadline and don't want to carry all those squares in my suitcase. So, I'll send in what I have before I go.

Send what you can and I'm sure someone will make up the difference. I think this room is the last thing I have to do before my DS and his get here. After they do things will be busy but I'll find time I'm sure.

Three kids? You break away to relax and regain some sanity. Crochet helps me relax. Just don't move my stuff! Once I have the pattern in my head I'm good to go. Not that there is much room in there as it is. At my age I have to stuff it in and snap the lid closed.

They say the mind is like a computer. The information is in there just not always easy to retrieve. Mine must have a very big "Junk Drawer". I know I put it somewhere just can't remember where. Then you know how it is. You forget about it til you stumble across it, when you no longer need it.

1. Rancher

2. Bleenie

3. sebocat

4. Alethea

5. KreativeKat

6. Smkchick

7. Mainegigi

8. NCgrammy

9. Baustin

10. bama1

11. Chirmac

12. nachoqupie

13. Writer of words.

14. Smkchick 2

15. Sebocat too.

16 KreativeKat again?

17. Bama1 now 2 too.

18. Super Bleenie.

19. Ladyofspirit

20. Chirmac double duty.

They must not let you "Edit" after a certain period of time. Such is life.

We're at 20 and to think I haven't even started.
caf.gif
I've got to clean this office to stick a bed into it for company that is coming tomorrow.
caf.gif

Good luck with that one! Bless your heart - but having guests reminds us how blessed we are that people wish to come visit us! How great is that!? Yes, I'm on doubles and just as soon as I finish these custom potholders for my former boss ... ah, Christmas break is coming!!!

It's my DS, DIL and three kids under six. I just left them in AL., but I'll be glad they're here for DW's sake. She loves being a gramma. It's sad she has to work a job too. She'd be just as busy being a gramma 24/7.

She doesn't know they're coming two days early. Tomorrow is her birthday. Next year will be a bigger deal since no one in her family has lived past 60. The year after will be even a bigger deal than next.

I just saw the participant list that was posted & I just wanted to double check... There is actually only 13 people signed up, right? and then the people that are doing 2 sets of squares? So the participants that are only doing one set only have to make 13, right? Just want to make sure.

I just saw the participant list that was posted & I just wanted to double check... There is actually only 13 people signed up, right? and then the people that are doing 2 sets of squares? So the participants that are only doing one set only have to make 13, right? Just want to make sure.

If that's what you'd prefer. Though I expect to make one for each "member" plus the "member two" . So if someone signed up for double duty that will mean I've got to make 20. Anyone signed up for "doubletime" will get two of mine. Though i will try to vary the color scheme some. I might try an original design too.

Folks who do double time don't worry there will be one square for each one you send. So if you send 20, you will get 20.

I guess what I need to know is... If i make double(and i plan to) am I making 26 squares or am i making 40? I am just a little confused about that and don't want to send in too few or make it so some people get more than others. Not trying to be a pain in the butt or anything, it's just not making sense to me right now.

And we decided there was no required final round color, right?
I have most of my squares made, just have to put that last round on them.

Essentially, you are signing up twice. You can pretend you are signing up and sending 20, and DH is signing up and sending 20. Only thing is, you have to make all the squares for DH too - even though you will both get 20 back in the mail. ;) And even if technically, DH is still somehow going to get all 40 of the squares cuz he tends to hog the best blankets anyway......
barnie.gif

I guess what I need to know is... If i make double(and i plan to) am I making 26 squares or am i making 40?   I am just a little confused about that and don't want to send in too few or make it so some people get more than others.  Not trying to be a pain in the butt or anything, it's just not making sense to me right now.

And we decided there was no required final round color, right?
I have most of my squares made, just have to put that last round on them.

Make 40 squares Bleenie, go by the number of participants and not the names of the participants... Like me, I signed up twice also but dont count me as just one person count me as number10 and number17 participant. You are making enough squares for the numer of participants (20), then multiply by the number of participants that you yourself (two) represent ( you are participant number 2 and number 18). Number2Bleenie makes 20 squares and number18Super Bleenie makes 20 squares. Therefore number2Bleenie will receive 20 squares and number18Super Bleenie will receive 20 squares for a total that you receive in your package from Rancher of 40 squares. Clear as mud, I know, hope this helps.

Make 40 squares Bleenie, go by the number of participants and not the names of the participants... Like me, I signed up twice also but dont count me as just one person count me as number10 and number17 participant. You are making enough squares for the numer of participants (20), then multiply by the number of participants that you yourself (two) represent ( you are participant number 2 and number 18). Number2Bleenie makes 20 squares and number18Super Bleenie makes 20 squares. Therefore number2Bleenie will receive 20 squares and number18Super Bleenie will receive 20 squares for a total that you receive in your package from Rancher of 40 squares. Clear as mud, I know, hope this helps.
Just making sure I get it - if we are signed up for doubles we are doing 40 each/correct?

Back
Top Bottom