The Winter granny square swap.

You guys are so industrious! I just bought my yarn today! it's pretty blue and white. I think I am going to do complementary pairs in the same color, but flopping the colors.......I havent even picked my squares yet, my Christmas crochet obligations have me so far behind!! I am going to have to crochet like greased lightening. Good thing I am quick!!

Also, I am leaving for a family emergency for 1/2 of January - I am taking the yarn with me, so should be OK to get my double-set done.......but I may not be able to check in...

Last edited:
I'm almost finished with the "fisherman patchwork" afghan for my daughter's boyfriend (future SIL?). I did go to the yarn stash to pick out some yarn to start doing some of the squares for the swap. And I did pick a pattern, although I may just do a traditional granny square.

Nothing like some WIPs to make you a fast crocheter!

I love the egg hats. They're so festive. Sorry about the snow Rancher. At least there are modern conveniences. I haven't lived in an area of heavy winter snow for years but I still remember shoveling snow. That was before blowers. We made it to Bakersfield to see DH Daughter and her family and also went to JoAnn's and bought yarn to make a shawl for my daughter after I'm done with my squares. Their yarn selection was aweful. Maybe everyone is crocheting or knitting. I think I have 6 squares left to do of the second set. We didn't have any rain and no snow over the pass which had me concerned that we would, but the storm hasn't come this far inland yet. It probably will tonight.

Its funny you say that about the yarn selection. Its aweful here, too. I got a blu-gry and a white in the caron one-pound skeins, but I wanted better colors.....and softer yarn. *sigh* I will check back before I get started for better stuff.

On a much happier note, I am officially done with my Christmas crochet work. woohoo!!!! The totals are 3 pairs adorable mitts, 1 infinity scarf, 2 shawls, 1 pin cushion, 1 cute shopping bag, 12 (yes 12) sock monkey hats, and a kitchen's worth of dish coths by request.....and a partidge in a pear treeeeee :)

wow, it doesnt look like much when you put it in a list......hmmmm

Last edited:
But you can't measure the labor of love
thumbsup.gif

You're right....you can't measure the labor of love. I get requests from my daughter, granddaughters and my daughters mother in law to make the crocheted scrubbies made out of strips of netting. I make up a bunch and take back to NC everytime I go. I am finished with my Christmas shopping except for a few odds and ends which I'm getting today. I finished 42 squarws for our swap. I have to clip some ends and get them ready to mail but they can wait until after the holidays.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year and Good Health for 2013.

You're right....you can't measure the labor of love. I get requests from my daughter, granddaughters and my daughters mother in law to make the crocheted scrubbies made out of strips of netting. I make up a bunch and take back to NC everytime I go. I am finished with my Christmas shopping except for a few odds and ends which I'm getting today. I finished 42 squarws for our swap. I have to clip some ends and get them ready to mail but they can wait until after the holidays.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year and Good Health for 2013.

Do you have a pattern you can share for the scrubbies? I have been making scrubbies but have been buying them and crocheting around so it is a scrubby in a dish clothe. They are nice but I would like to make the scrubby too if I could.

Hope everyone have a wonderful Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom