The Winter granny square swap.

I'm sorry you're all so sick and am offering merit. I'd be fine waiting until you're better to receive the squares.

No chicks. I haven't seen a chicken in almost a year. Maybe some day I can get back into the chicken world. For now, I just enjoy you all.

Well you must get a few hens. Even three hens together do well.

Squares are sorted as best I can. Some folks didn't individually bag and label their squares. Plus some did one set others two. Everyone will surely get more than they sent as I've done more than a few extras.

You all might be interested to know that the "Fall squares" will be donated to the church to do blankets for the sick. Since they are 12" squares. We knit the squares but I think others crochet their. As long as they are exactly 12" they can be sewn together.

Point being you all are doing a good thing by participating and should be proud.

Rancher

I look forward to the squares. Sorry there has been a lot of illness. Lucky for us, we've been well so far.

I have 10 eggs in the incubator. All but two are bantam eggs, either Old English Game Hen or Frizzles. The other two from the big pen is anyones guess. I don't know which chicken laid the eggs. except I know my turkens didn't lay them as the turkens lay a hug brown egg.

I'm certainly in no hurry for squares, I just wish everyone was feeling better!!

On the chick front, I am victim, yet again to chicken math.

Last year, I got my first chicks. I promised hubby I would keep it to 6. I bought 12. I told hubby it was because I was afraid I would accidentally kill several. They all lived. I put one down when she prolapsed this winter and still have 11. We would like just a few more eggs a day. Hubby wants about 3 more eggs. 3 eggs = 6 chicks (at least). In case some die.....

so, my chicken math is this so far

6=17 (give or take ;) )

besides, whats not to love about chicks??!!

Oh! I just joined BYC today and found this. This is AWESOME!!! I love crocheting! Just taught myself Oct 2012 and can't seem to stop. Lol The swap thing is such a neat idea!! Hope I can get involved in a new one soon!!

Oh! I just joined BYC today and found this. This is AWESOME!!! I love crocheting! Just taught myself Oct 2012 and can't seem to stop. Lol The swap thing is such a neat idea!! Hope I can get involved in a new one soon!!

welcome-byc.gif
I for one am glad you're here. There is a flower swap going on though I haven't joined. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

The only guy here,

Rancher Hicks.

I
:welcome      I for one am glad you're here.  There is a flower swap going on though I haven't joined.  You will enjoy it I'm sure.

The only guy here,

Rancher  Hicks.

Thank you!! :) I saw that, but looks like I'm too late for it too. Lol It closed the 10th. But I will definitely be watching for the next one. Plus, I was recently talking about learning to quilt, so the quilting swaps just give me more reason to learn sooner than later!! Better get my coop done first though, or I shall be in trouble in a few weeks when the feather babies are all feathered! :(

I

Thank you!!
smile.png
I saw that, but looks like I'm too late for it too. Lol It closed the 10th. But I will definitely be watching for the next one. Plus, I was recently talking about learning to quilt, so the quilting swaps just give me more reason to learn sooner than later!! Better get my coop done first though, or I shall be in trouble in a few weeks when the feather babies are all feathered!
sad.png
Welcome...luck with your crocheting. I also quilt and have been on several of their swaps also. Hope you enjoy BYC as much as I do.

My babies are all SICK right now :(
I think it got brought in by two we took back from a friend, the pair was ganging up on everyone else so we were going to swap them out for nice ones... kicking myself now! THANKFULLY all my big birds are still healthy... i think some credit is owed to the fermented feed for that, that all have been looking better since i started that.
I have 2 hens on nests, should be due soon. & just set 3 dozen in the incubator this morning. We have close to 50 chicks right now and a pair of Roman Tufted goslings, my trio of Brown Chinese is on loan to my friend for her petting farm.

My fall squares got assembled into a throw(still have leftovers) and it will be donated as soon as i get some time to call the local churches. Have some leftover squares to donate too. getting too busy outside to do much indoors right now! Have been building some flower boxes and other things. I think we're going to head down south today to get some flowers to fill them!

Dad's GF had a fit over this one but she's not getting it
tongue2.gif

Oooooh, love the flower box! As a horse-nut, I can see converting it to a saddle stand!

On the chick front, I officially placed my order for 3 SLW and 3 arecaunas. This will bring me to 17! Babies are supposed to be here on my 10 year anniversary, too! What a great thing to look forward to! Now the snow just needs to melt....

Back
Top Bottom