The Winter Is Going to Make Me Sad!!!

PamB

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2010
Dayville, CT
I don't get home from work until 6pm. My babies are already going to bed before I get home. I HATE IT! I miss spending time with them when I get home and giving them treats. The only time I'll get to spend with them will be on weekends. I don't know how I'm going to make it until spring.
hit.gif

I feel your pain! I'm home at 5:30 now and the chickens roost at 6:30 so when the time changes it'll just be dogs and DH for the evening. Hope DH doesn'e expect me to go out on the weekends...

I too am already thinking about how empty my evenings will be once the time changes... in the summer when I get home from work the goats hear my car door shut and immediately start calling me...as soon as I go out the back door the chickens are crowded up against the fence, reminds me of what those soccer stampedes must look like! Normally in the summer my goats / chickens were out 3-4 hours each night and it was so enjoyable...expect to experience withdrawal!

Last edited:
I never thought I'd look forward to the end of daylight savings. But this is my first Chicken Year and at least I'll get a little more time in the morning before I have to leave for work at 6:45.
sad.png

Poor Chickaboos don't understand why mommy insists on opening the coop now when it's still dark out. The goats don't seem to care one way or the other (except for Peanut Goat, who would like to sleep a little later).

You know... the real problem is that we have to work! Winter wouldn't be half bad if we were all independently wealthy. In fact, then we could have MORE chickens!
celebrate.gif

I hate the cold. I have Reynaulds Syndrome because of my thyroid. When its cold my hands and feet turn white and go numb. Wearing gloves helps but I cant be outside very long, so I'll have to just do what is needed and not be able to spend alot of time out with everyone. That makes me sad.

No DS in AZ!
wink.png

If it weren't for winter, I wouldn't want to live here! I try to get off between 4:30 and 5:00 each evening... (except Mondays)

Tonight I'm hoping to trim my tophats so that they can see!

Back
Top Bottom