THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!!!!!!

AC Moore and Joann's both sell online and I'll bet Michael's does too. Get on their email lists and sometimes they will send you coupons and maybe even free shipping offers occasionally.

Walmart is the devil. They move into small places, push out all the local businesses, jack up their prices, and get rid of the stuff they used to kill local business... then they die out and now you have towns with no businesses.

And you said they are putting in a Target, go to

http://www.target.com/gp/homepage.html

and see if they carry what you need. Anther thing, I've heard that Walmart pays close attention to emails, go to their site and send them emails, you and all your friends, and everyone you know who needs the crafts dept. Flood them with emails. Only the home office decides what is sold in their stores.

I didn't realize this was happening all over. They recently built a super walmart (I despise those) in Macclenny, 20-some miles from us, and when they did they didn't put the fabric dept in, like was in the old little store. I found out the other night when my daughter and I drove there to get some school supplies and fabric for her home ec class. They had one little aisle with some notions and a few skeins of yarn. I asked the lady at the jewelry counter nearby if they had a fabric dept, and she says (sarcastically, so I know she thinks it's stupid too) "No, but we have a liquor store!" So we had to wait til a different day and drive in to Jax, to a walmart that still has their same little selection of fabric they've always had. It would take us over 2 hours of driving in the most God-awful traffic to get to the nearest Joann's and back. It's just crazy! Target's down here don't have fabric, but they might have some craft stuff. I haven't looked for that.

I have 2 Super Wal*marts within 10 miles of me and they are building a third that will be less then 20 miles! So far they haven't done away with the craft section, but I try to avoid that place like the plague, so I really don't know. Luckily I have a Joann's Fabrics and another craft store not that far way. Better quality and more knowledgeable staff at Joann's so that's where I like to go.

Not that I can find time to sew anymore since I got the chicks, but Walmart fabric is only good for charity quilts. I would not use it for a family/gift quilt. I may be considered a "snob" but the true fabric stores carry the best fabric and I like utilizing them so they stay in business.

I don't believe Target carry any kind of crafting stuff - I might have to pop in to Walmart when we go to town to see if they have anythign on sale I might like!

I love all kinds of sewing but gave up when I started work 2 years ago.....

I buy a lot of stuff online - I bet you could get what you want at an online store!

I am sorry that Wal-Marts are getting rid of their craft departments. Not all of them are though, only the smaller ones because they are not selling enough to keep them open. But to call Wal-Mart the devil would be very hard for me to do since Wal-Mart pays my bills. My DH and I both work for Wal-Mart. I do not agree with many things that they represent or stand for, but like I said they pay my bills and feed my family.
idunno.gif

Target sucks...their craft dept is scissors, and scrapbooking stuff. Don't get me started on their TWO WHOLE racks of plus sized clothes...they have 8 racks for maternity.:thun
I have 4 Walmarts within 10 miles. One is less than 3 minutes away. And only one Target.
clap.gif

There really aren't that many crafty stores anymore. There used to be a store called Windsor Button shop in the mall where I worked for 20 years. That's gone.
There's a Saftlers, where my GGM used buy fabric which is still there...YIKES!
For a while noone was crafting but now that things are getting so ridiculous, people are making gifts again.
ya.gif

Quote:
There ya go!
I have 2 walmarts within 10 miles of home, but with the dwendling selection that they carry, never have what I really want and the fact I hate crowds (I like people, just hate crowds) I'd rather shop from the comfort of my home, where it doesn't matter if I'm wearing a pair of dirty jeans from working in the yard, no crowds, I find exactly what I want and I don't have to drive to get it, it's delivered to my door.

Don't even get me started on the mall. :mad:
I'm male.
I'm a commando shopper: get in, get what I want, get out.

It does no good to be angry with the store manager, he has no choice or voice when it comes to what the corporation wants.

Back
Top Bottom