THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!!!!!!

I hear a whole lot of echos from this thread in my community. Our Walmart is getting rid of the fabric etc. section by Xmas. We are two hours drive from the nearest mall or shopping centers, so I guess it is order online for me. I do a lot of different fiber arts, and have won awards. I would love to have a selection of the basics around, but I know it is the price I will pay for living out of a city. Honestly, my best shopping lately has been from weekend sales. So many younger people don't know how to work with their hands anymore that I have picked up great deals from estate sales.

Hey.....I've got lots of thread left. I can't do it any more because of my poor old hands! Let me know if you want them....I can ship it to you.
Rose

I personally cant stand them either... but they are alot cheaper on food (but i will not under any circumstances buy fresh produce or meat from them) than anyone else! as for clothes, crafting supplies, or anything else for that matter... I go elsewhere.

Rose,
I hope I didn't offend you! My Grandmother taught me to stitch, and I hear from so many people that the younger generation (with a few exceptions) doesn't have the patience for handwork anymore. I am sorry you suffer with your hands.
hugs.gif

Walmart stinks!! I live in a beautiful small town with wonderful small shops... but that is all about to change! In a few months we will be getting a new Wally World. Even though there is a Super Wal Mart just 14 miles down the road!! How stupid is that!!! I just don't understand. What is this world coming to!?!?!?!

I, too , love to cross stitch and still do it. I have a heck of a time finding those items and had to go to the bigger city to get those like Micheals and specialty stores like HObby Lobby for those threads and materials. If anyone needs threads I can go to my Hobby Lobby a few blocks down and get some threads for ya! Just give me the numbers and so forth!

I had a cross stitch of "In my garden" that I ran out of green thread and none of them carry the other brand name of company that makes those threads and had to improvise to save some money and settled for the closest color I can find to match that needed threads. Now looking at the pattern, it did not look bad at all and happy with the results. Those DME threads are not as numberous as it once as.....

We might just well settle for getting our cross stitching things from Ebay....

Alleyoop, I feel spoiled. My Wal-Mart still has crafts, and 30-45 minutes away I have an AC Moore, a Hobby Lobby, a Michael's AND a JoAnn's Etc. I guess Knoxville is a crafty town, because all of those stores stay busy!

If you need something, let me know. I've been purposely NOT going to them for a while to save $, but I would be happy to help you out.

Isn't it nice being part of an extended chicken family?

Back
Top Bottom