The worst pain ever

Quote:
I was using a lot of words in the ER. ESP after telling the doctor NOT TO TOUCH IT and he did anyway.
somad.gif
He just kept poking at it. "trying" to feel for a stinger and "feeling" the swelling.
smack.gif
Yes I was using my "words" to tell him how I felt.

Not to hijack, but this brings up a recent concern of mine. Next Monday I am going to be having a couple of medical tests and a minor surgery done under anesthesia, specifically Versaid. I am seriously considering telling the nurse that attends me before and after not to let my DH in the recovery room with me until I am fully awake and back in my right mind. I've been known to say some pretty wild things while under the influence of versaid and I want to still be married when I wake up.
hide.gif

LOL! Better warn him then...

Quote:
I was using a lot of words in the ER. ESP after telling the doctor NOT TO TOUCH IT and he did anyway.
somad.gif
He just kept poking at it. "trying" to feel for a stinger and "feeling" the swelling.
smack.gif
Yes I was using my "words" to tell him how I felt.

Not to hijack, but this brings up a recent concern of mine. Next Monday I am going to be having a couple of medical tests and a minor surgery done under anesthesia, specifically Versaid. I am seriously considering telling the nurse that attends me before and after not to let my DH in the recovery room with me until I am fully awake and back in my right mind. I've been known to say some pretty wild things while under the influence of versaid and I want to still be married when I wake up.
hide.gif

I won't let anyone around me if I'm out of it. I say things you wouldn't believe so I understand where you are coming from.

I hope everything is ok Grit.
fl.gif

Quote:
Oh heck no! Don't be inviting the Ranchy out to Texas. It's way too close to Arkansas for my comfort.
tongue2.gif
hide.gif

Sheesh, go take a shower and your ears start burning!

Kitt, I almost miss the caliche- it's all sand here.

Grits? Be afraid, be VERY afraid- the subject has come up for discussion lately..... I'll need you and Harlan to come help clean the house though.

BTW, speaking of afraid........ Harlan should be moving to AL in about 2 weeks or so! NOW you have a reason the be afraid!

DH had surgery many years ago- while he was in recovery, he asked the nurse to marry him.
roll.png

I had versaid for an MRI that was actually 2 in one sitting. Took 1 hr 15 minutes. I get very claustrophobic and I was awake the whole time. I just didn't care at all. Very comfortable and mellow. Got done and walked out around 30 minutes later. DW drove.

DW had to have a scope in her throat and they used it. She remembered some of it and told the Dr. Next time she had the same procedure they gave her more and she was in recovery for 7 hours puking her guts out.

The woman that di mine was a nurse and actually served on a hospital ship during WWII. She told me about it. Yeah she was old but she really knew what she was doing. I really liked her. Anesthesia recovery is the worst part of surgery to me.

Good luck with your procedure.

Quote:
I recently had my first MRI and it took about the same time as yours. I am not claustrophobic so didnt have any meds at all...but sheesh by the time it was finished and I layed there for 10 extra minutes , I yelled out.."anyone there?" "hellooooo! HELP!" and didnt get a reply I sure got that way in a hurry! Tech said "he didnt hear me" yeah right!
smack.gif

Quote:
I recently had my first MRI and it took about the same time as yours. I am not claustrophobic so didnt have any meds at all...but sheesh by the time it was finished and I layed there for 10 extra minutes , I yelled out.."anyone there?" "hellooooo! HELP!" and didnt get a reply I sure got that way in a hurry! Tech said "he didnt hear me" yeah right!
smack.gif

They prob didn't hear you. They were out getting coffee.
smack.gif

Quote:
LOL, I'm more worried about you Kitt. I had one horrible wasp sting before and even that was one too many.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom