The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

Thanks for looking. There are actually a few that I'm not sure if they are golden laced or buff Columbian. I'm selling most of them locally and keeping a few for myself.

They are so cute! I'm really glad I got a couple of blues. The very, very dark one is quite small, and I suspect that is a girl. I've raised two batches of chicks, and the tiniest chicks in the other two batches were girls, so I'm betting this munchkin is, too. Now I have to decide which and how many I want to keep. Decisions, decisions.

Too bad I can't mail a couple to you.
wink.png

Yep!

I would love a few more! But then I would probably try hard to con you out of those blues...and then you would have zero blues. :D

I hatch chicks that turn into Buff Columbian... as chicks those I think are just yeloww/buff.

Sheesh.... I remember nothing from one year to the next.

Oh, Honey, those blues aren't going anywhere. There was no decision needed on that. I'm also pretty certain I'm keeping the golden laced - at least, the ones that I think are golden laced. Everyone else is negotiable. If this works out well, I may do it again, for more blues. Blues are in very short supply this year and they aren't selling more than a few at a time, nor including more than just a few in their assortments. But they did include three. Everyone in Alaska isn't ready to buy chicks in April when the feed stores have them. Last year I was able to sell 20 chicks in a really short time in July.

Maybe you and I will get some more blues yet this summer!

It was late last evening when I got around to taking photos. Here a few of the same varieties in daylight.

Dang, that is cute!!

Last edited:
Haha!

Actually. ....chicks are hatching right now!

I can't remember now if I have an egg from my blue bantam Wyandotte in there (but chicks would be crossed). The first 2 that have already hatched are from my bantam Wheaten Ameraucanas. Cute little buggers.

I have been searching for bantam partridge rocks for 2 years.
I came across some bantam partridge wyandottes eggs that were somewhat local and couldn't resist.
They are under my broody now with a couple of BBS ORP bantams for company.
Fingers crossed for fuzzy babies in 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom