The Wyandotte Thread

The first two pics are of my day old black laced red Wyandotte and the last pic is of my 5 day old silver lace. Every time I try to put food in their tank she has to sit in my hand and sleep for a few mins

@CelticMoon1

Really like your partridge bantams!

A breeder in Holland and myself are working on this new color in Wyandotte bantams.
Had a lot of luck to hatch this one with only +-1% chance to get this result.

@Catandherchicks @Dave C

Thanks! Happy to hear others are liking this color as well.

I have put together three pullets and a cockerel that will be the breeding flock for next year.
The cockerel is a jubilee on Mh/mh, there is a lavender pullet, the "isabel porselein" pullet (this is the Dutch term, don't know how you describe this color in English) and a jubilee hen Mh/mh (just for fun).

To compare Mh/mh (left) to Mh/Mh (right). Not the darkest jubilee pullet I have to say.

Breeding flock for next year

The cockerel

0.jpg

@CelticMoon1 Really like your partridge bantams! A breeder in Holland and myself are working on this new color in Wyandotte bantams. Had a lot of luck to hatch this one with only +-1% chance to get this result.
Those are beautiful Wyandotte's! It'll be fun to see how that breed goes :)

Hi, I am new to Wyandottes and I have a question about markings and determining whether you've got roos or pullets. I have a bunch of young birds about 12 weeks old. They all came from the same hatchery but in different batches.Some of their tails have light streaks of white and others are heavily painted with white. Is this difference a marker of sex, or just a variety in markings? I could use some help with this, I don't want to send anyone to freezer camp, so I'd like to start looking for new homes for the roos that I don't need. Thanks for your input.

Help! I am new here. Having trouble getting a gender on my 7 week old chicks. I'm almost certain the black one is a hen. They're the same age.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom