The Wyandotte Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roocrazy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:thanks for answering. they are beautiful so I think we will be happy.
    )O(
    Pink

Just wanted to say I have 3 from TSC and two of them are twins to Granite and Opal and the third has dangling wattles and a red comb.

2. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Do Wheaten Wyandottes exist in the US? Do Duckwings? thanks.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Well I think today is probably one of the saddest days of my life. My husband went outside to find that our Partridge Wyandotte flock had been decimated by an owl. The owl was still inside the pen and when hubby opened the pen, my Great Pyrenees ran inside and shook the owl to death. It was a Great Horned Owl. I can't believe that my gorgeous babies are gone. I think its just starting to hit me.

We even had avian netting over the top of it. Some decent netting too. Anyway, somehow the owl broke through and got my flock. These were my babies. My pride and joy. My show stoppers. God I'm just sick over this.

Laurie

4. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    Quote:Cripes, all of them?! I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

5. GhostRider65

GhostRider65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Wisconsin
    OMG so very very sorry to hear this happened I'm crying with you poor babies...................
    Dam owl, is it normal for an owl to kill a whole flock, that just seems like excessive over kill to me, and to think I saved one here a couple years ago that was caught in an illegal trap. I jhave deer netting over my run I take it you had the same and it still got in? OH My oh my I feel just terrible for you. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:that may just be "chick" coloring that goes away with age.

7. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:I'm so sorry, that is aweful when things like this happen.

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    does anyone on this thread have quality bantam white wyandottes hatching eggs for sale, if so, please pm me with a price.
    thanks

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  9. rtroxel

rtroxel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    Northwest Indiana
    Quote:I think that is basically normal. Mine have different colored heads with black and white bodies. Kind of calico heads.

10. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:I am very sorry, I have had a similar experience and I know how horrible it feels.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by