The Wyandotte Thread

After 13 inches of snow, we got another 5 today. More to come on Monday too! I did get a few pictures today after ALOT of shoveling.

I kinda like your pens..are they new? what do you like about them? If you had to do it over what would you change?
I am asking these questions because I free range all of my birds..i lock them up only when I am breeding and they are locked up indoors in pens. I am considering doing like outdoor pens like these for breeding pens. Not quite like these but similar.

I kinda like your pens..are they new? what do you like about them? If you had to do it over what would you change?
I am asking these questions because I free range all of my birds..i lock them up only when I am breeding and they are locked up indoors in pens. I am considering doing like outdoor pens like these for breeding pens. Not quite like these but similar.

I have a comb question. I have a very young cockerel that has a circular bump (indented around it) towards the back of his comb. It's very noticeable but since he is so young, his comb hasn't developed yet to give more information. I know this is probably a DQ but was wondering exactly what it's called and how hard it is to breed out. Normally I would just cull this bird without hesitation, but he was in a shipment of eggs and was the only cockerel of his color to hatch. Even so, probably won't use him. I tried to get a picture but either my camera isn't good enough or the lighting was wrong. Either way, no picture. I can try again tomorrow. But in the meantime, would like to know more about it in terms of breeding this. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom