The Wyandotte Thread

One of our 5 week old GLW

First time chicken lady and Im having a terrible time determining if mine are roos or pullets. if i can figure out how to post pics can i get some help?

I have no idea what a baby rooster looks like, but I have heard GLW baby Roos have more black on them and the hens are more brightly colored. I am hoping this is true because all my chicks except one are brightly colored

Haley I am glad you posted a pic of your chick cause I was wondering if the breeded messed up the chicks I got . First time glw owner and was uncertain about the way they were colored. And mine look just like yours they are 6wks

Need opinions on my girls please. Wondering if I should use them for breeding or not.

Pullet 1

Pullet 2

My cockerel

They look pretty young to decide yet. They have sure have potential..I do not like how close the cockerels legs are. Again that might be just the picture. I can't see the pullets legs..and it is hard to judge the body for breeding with out all sides, front, back, top(over view). I do like the fronts on all of the birds for such a young bird. For the pullets it is important that the tails are tents and no wry tail. For the male it is important that his legs are wide apart, and his body width is good, and can support weight. With legs close together it suggests a narrow and long body. Structure first..the colors, combs and lacing can be fixed through selective breeding and culling.

Back
Top Bottom