The Wyandotte Thread

When I look at these birds I think of the dun coloration (except the cockerel). It would be a very interesting color to breed for. But if you are wanting to breed toward silver laced they may not be the best birds to breed with just for the fact of the light coloration and the unknown influence on the black. I think the dun coloration is a really cool color. I wish I had these birds to work with!
X 2!

Just a few peep pictures...41 total(in 2 brooders-it was too crazy with them all in one!).

20 LF and bantam partridge peeps.

21 peeps: SL, BLR, B/B/S.

More coming...

Originally Posted by rocasocks

Pullet 2

it almost looks like a khaki or dun color?

where did they come from? that might help narrow down the options, if it's a breeder that's known to work on project colors. i know someone else was trying for a chocolate laced, so anything's possible.

I'm in Aus. She's supposed to be a blue laced silver, obviously not show quality.

I might keep her and put her with my cockerel. Hopefully her chicks will turn out nice, if they don't I'll move her to my mixed layer pen.

Okay need some advice. Hens or Roos? Between 9 and 10 weeks old.

I am 90% sure this is a hen. Very gentle, quiet, loves to be held. What do you think for #1? Also, how does her coloring look for a blue laced red Wyandotte? New to this so not sure.

This is another like the previous but I am hoping its a roo. Longer tail feathers, larger comb, not as loving. What do you think?

Okay I know this is not a Wyandotte, but I can't leave it out. Black Copper Maran. Hoping for a hen? It's hard to tell but it has a small amount of copper around the neck but no where else. The lady I got these from said they were all the same age, but this one is much bigger than the wyandottes.

Thanks for any opinions!

BTW, I hope my pics actually show up. First time posting pics!

Okay need some advice. Hens or Roos? Between 9 and 10 weeks old.

I am 90% sure this is a hen. Very gentle, quiet, loves to be held. What do you think for #1? Also, how does her coloring look for a blue laced red Wyandotte? New to this so not sure.

This is another like the previous but I am hoping its a roo. Longer tail feathers, larger comb, not as loving. What do you think?

Okay I know this is not a Wyandotte, but I can't leave it out. Black Copper Maran. Hoping for a hen? It's hard to tell but it has a small amount of copper around the neck but no where else. The lady I got these from said they were all the same age, but this one is much bigger than the wyandottes.

Thanks for any opinions!

BTW, I hope my pics actually show up. First time posting pics!
I don't know for sure, but I would guess the first one to be a roo, the next a pullet But the pictures are not helping me much.

The Marans.... might be a pullet but again I can't tell. Need better pictures of the heads and combs on all. On the Marans is that Copper on the neck? If so, not many pullets that young have copper but they could.

Quote: ok, if she truly is blue, then you really wouldn't want that red/brown leakage in the line... for type, she's not half bad tho, IMO. but i'd let her grow out a bit more before making any final decisions... on any of them for that matter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom